Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe’s triple-dip 20x CLI

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Lowe’s triple-dip 20x CLI

Congratulations on that CLI!!! As your TU score rises, so will the CL for that card!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 21 of 30
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I didn’t see this one coming. We all know how score-driven Synchrony is. I opened my Lowe’s card on 4/4/2019 and got a near-useless $300 starter limit. Oh well, no biggie - I knew eventually it would grow. I’ve used it every few weeks, paid it off, rinsed and repeated. Currently am using $48.33 of my limit. I don’t think I’ve spent even $100 on the card since I got it.

Apparently “eventually” came this morning.

I logged in to look over my account and figured, why not hit the luv button? Been a week or so (mind you I’ve tried many times and been told to pound sand). Something they must not have liked, so I just threw $1000 in the request field despite knowing to always shoot for the moon. Instant approval. Sweet - let’s try a double dip. Closed the browser window and logged in on my phone, requested $5000. Phone kinda hung up and acted like it wasn’t responding. Logged back in on my PC and see a $5000 limit effective immediately. OK, this is definitely cool. Nothing to lose by one more try right? Luv button request for $10k, countered at $6000. I’ll definitely take it.

Very stoked now - I’ve been wanting to grow this card and knew it would in time. Every request before today has been a No, and I figured I was falling under a combo of TU score (current in sig and nothing special) and the known-of 4 month CLI cycle. I will have had my card 4 months in a week and a half.

Guess I was wrong and very happy to be - been eyeballing a new stove recently and suddenly that’s very much on the shopping agenda this weekend. The numbers aren’t huge but the multiple of my SL makes me very happy. ‘Scuse me while I finish paying bills and hope that this will help spur Amex into a 3x CLI in the near future on my BCP Smiley Happy

Congrats. I guess most of the Synchrony cards are that way. You have to show some usage. I remember when i kept my paypal card almost inactive for a year they never gave me a CLI. After using it for some 5-10 dollars transaction a month, they gave me a huge CLI. Unfortunately they dont give me CLI anymore on any card since i maxed out their limits

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know and thank you. This is my only Synch card so I’m nowhere near the bank’s limits in any way thankfully. I do use all of my cards to varying degrees but with the projects I have going, this one will see significant use for sure. Hopefully that and an increase in my TU in the coming months (UTI decrease, a couple old baddies that hit EE territory, and a couple INQs falling off) will push it to the $15k range or even higher. Like most of us, I don’t need to spend that, but I’d like to push 2-3 grand at a time without leaving the green zone of usage percentages.
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s awesome, congrats!

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to the well and was 3-for-3 - very nice! 

Message 25 of 30
spickeri
Valued Member

Congrats on the increase

TU 686
EQ 680
EX 703
Message 26 of 30
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Forgive me for thread-jacking... In 2 weeks I have gone from 500 to 5000 to 10000 on this Lowes card I opened in March. Denied several times for CLIs, Finally used 468/500 and paid in full. Then came the 1st 10x CLI. A week later a 2x to $10k. Should I shoot for the moon? I mean, they haven't held any of my HULK smashes against me yet.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 27 of 30
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I tried, received a small bump

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s always worth trying until they counter-offer, once you get an increase. They decide how much they’ll give you and leave it up to you to find that level - congrats on your success with it too!
Message 29 of 30
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Darn it Devil, stop influencing the M&Ms😈😁
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.