Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes CLI 17k->25k

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Lowes CLI 17k->25k

Had lowes card for 7 or 8 months now.. card started out at i think 7k or something initial approval called CS and got it to 17k...  Put a 3500 fence on it at 0 percent financing for 15 months have it paid down to about 2k now i owe..  Have hit it once a month and denied for anymore my TU score is around 738 right now soon to be around 800 as my last late payment falls off either December or January (yaya) and should be around 800 then.. Anyways asked for 25k today and got 25k.  I suppose I could of tried for 35k, but in all honestly I dont need 35k as can't imagine what the heck i would charge that i would need that kind of limit currently!  Figured i would leave CL's for other cards that Sync might come out with that might peak my interest in the future.  Have a CareCredit at 15k and tried to get that to 20k but denied on that strange as I put 11k through that card in less than a year, but nope..  Weird.. Suppose I could of called on care credit vs. using website like lowes, but left it alone.

TLDR; Lowes CLI from 17k to 25k through website. TU mid 730's about 5 inquiries in the last year on TU

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowes CLI 17k->25k

Congrats on the Lowe's CLI CC Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 18
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Congrats. Good job. As others have said it before, I think they are mostly score based.

At your current scores you may be able to just call in and ask to talk to the credit department and ask them driectly for $35k. If not they may make an offer better than $25k. Depending on the rest of your profile the extra buffer is usually kinda nice.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 3 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Great job on the CLI, that will buy a few an appliance or two Smiley Tongue!

Message 4 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CramEiko wrote:

Congrats. Good job. As others have said it before, I think they are mostly score based.

At your current scores you may be able to just call in and ask to talk to the credit department and ask them driectly for $35k. If not they may make an offer better than $25k. Depending on the rest of your profile the extra buffer is usually kinda nice.

oh i agree they are score based might be 740 for cutoff for 35k asked for 25k and got 25k..  I really don't want/need more though as I have close to 400k in personal credit and eventually too much credit becomes a problem in its own as spooks some of the lenders i want to court namely being some CU's with awesome low rate APR's.. It is a fine balancing act to not get to much credit to stop future approvals

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CC! Just in time for Christmas. Since you don’t have anything else to buy, can you pick me up a new tree with decorations? I’m thinking silver and light blue. Oh....and I want an artificial tree. Just have it shipped to me. Thanks! 

Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats CC! Just in time for Christmas. Since you don’t have anything else to buy, can you pick me up a new tree with decorations? I’m thinking silver and light blue. Oh....and I want an artificial tree. Just have it shipped to me. Thanks! 

Smiley Tongue

lol sounds expensive, might need to use another 0 percent financing offer Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice @CreditCuriosity.  Lowe's is my home away from home.  I'm currently at $17k and haven't asked for increase in a very long time.  I may have to shuffle on over there and see what I can squeeze them for.  After all, I did just dropped some serious $$$ with them.  Having hard wood flooring installed this Thursday courtesy of Lowe's and that golden 0%/24 month interest free offer.  Man, I love that place.  

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a real nice CLI. Congrats! CC. And thanks for adding the DPs. 

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats CC, looks like you will be decorating this years Fico Christmas party🎄🎄Smiley Happy just hope Gmood1 doesnt find out about this raiseSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.