Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes CLI

First post here. Applied for Lowe's credit card a couple months ago and was approved instantly with a SL of $2,000. Tried to get a CLI both online and calling and both ways received the message that I couldn't receive an increase at this time. Got the letter in the mail and it stated that I didn't have enough experience with the current credit limit. Put a couple hundred dollars on the card and paid in full after the statement cut. Decided to try again today and asked for the top limit of $35,000 and BOOM! Granted! I'm so pumped right now. We are looking at redoing our kitchen and this will definitely come in handy!

Thanks to everyone who posts on here. I've been reading for months and had to post something with this great news!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowes CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

First post here. Applied for Lowe's credit card a couple months ago and was approved instantly with a SL of $2,000. Tried to get a CLI both online and calling and both ways received the message that I couldn't receive an increase at this time. Got the letter in the mail and it stated that I didn't have enough experience with the current credit limit. Put a couple hundred dollars on the card and paid in full after the statement cut. Decided to try again today and asked for the top limit of $35,000 and BOOM! Granted! I'm so pumped right now. We are looking at redoing our kitchen and this will definitely come in handy!

Thanks to everyone who posts on here. I've been reading for months and had to post something with this great news!

Sweet, in one fell swoop none the less. Used to have steps you had to go through to get there (12, 17, 25K). Congrats and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
ddamage
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Conrats. Did you call to ask for the increase? I have a 1500 limit with them and owe 958. I need to remodel my home and need more credit. What are your data points as far as scores if you dont mind sharing. Thanks.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had called originally but was not approved. This time I did it online as the lady on the phone told me that it didn't matter either way. It should have the same outcome. Credit score of 748. Hopefully you can have the same outcome! Good luck!!

Message 4 of 21
ddamage
Regular Contributor

Thank you but my scores are much lower. Im at 678,640, 660. I better wait. Im sure its a harp pull.

Message 5 of 21
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Lowe's CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddamage 

It's a soft pull with Lowe's. Always worth a try. Ask for the highest. They will counter from what others have said. Can't hurt with a soft pull. Good luck!

Message 7 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 8 of 21
ddamage
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddamage 

It's a soft pull with Lowe's. Always worth a try. Ask for the highest. They will counter from what others have said. Can't hurt with a soft pull. Good luck!

I pulled the trigger and asked for 15k they came back with 5k. So I go from 1500 to 5k. Ill take it. 

Message 9 of 21
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Uuhhh wow!! Well that's how its done!! Nicely done!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.