Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes CLI

tag
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes CLI

@AlanGJP wrote:

neighbors garage started on fire and half the fire department was on our road - 4 fire trucks, 3 ambulances, a few police... lots of smoke damage, but they caught it in time.

If you shop Lowes, it's a good pick up for sure. Mine grew to $30K in about a year - I didn't push it too hard, might have grown faster. I used the 5% on top of the SUB to buy a full DeWalt kit that was on sale. Payments do take a bit to process -- just a heads up if you go with it.

Wow, sounds like an eventful night! Thanks for the heads up about Lowes. I hit my local Home Depot way more than Lowes mostly because of the ample parking in a quiet shopping center...while Lowes is stuck in a chaotic shopping center with a busy access road crossing just to get inside. Sometimes, it's over to Lowes for stuff I can't find at Home Depot. For card growth, I'm seeing the Home Depot card has a $55K CL ceiling -- and it seems the Lowes card is at least 35K (but with faster CL growth). I might try getting both cards like you, but if I had to pick one it would be the Lowes card.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 11 of 25
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@AlanGJP - I've read about Synchrony shutting down store/retail card accounts for various reasons like high exposure, but not Sync Visa/MC cards. That was another reason I avoided Lowes and other store cards in general. I'm new with Sync, opened 3 card accounts (2 Visa, 1 MC) this year based on current needs. I already used Venmo so got the Venmo Visa, already had Verizon home/wireless accounts so got the Verizon Visa. And liked the flat rate unlimited 2% cash back structure of the Sync World MC. 

Message 12 of 25
jamerican-girl
Contributor

Congrats on the huge Lowe's CLI!

Keepers:
Wells Fargo: Active Cash - SL: $10,000
Synchrony: PayPal MC Rewards - SL: $8,000 CL: $15,000; Venmo - SL: $4,300, CL: $10,000; Lowe's - SL: $2,000 CL: $10,000; Care Credit - SL: 500 CL: $3,000
Amex: Delta SkyMiles Platinum - SL: $1,000 CL: $4,000; Blue Cash Preferred - SL: $2,000 CL: $4,000; Marriott Bonvoy Bevy - SL $1,700; Hilton Honors Surpass - SL: $8,000
Citi: Costco Anywhere Visa - SL: $8,800; CL: $10,000; Custom Cash Card - SL: $3,500; Wayfair Card - SL: $5,000 CL: $9,100;
PenFed: Gold Card - SL: $3,500 CL: $7,500; Power Cash Rewards - SL: $2,500 CL: $7,500
Bread American Express Cashback - SL: $5,000 CL: $7,500
Mercury Finance - SL: $3,500 CL: $4,250;
Goldman Sachs: Apple Card - SL: $6,000 CL: $6,500; Marcus: GM Card - SL: $3,000;
Kohl's - CL: $3,500; CFNA Firestone - SL: $800, CL: $3,200

Sock Drawer:
Capital One: QuickSilver - CL: $1,250 (finally got CLI)
Sofi: SL: $2,500;
Merrick Bank: CL: $1,300 (can't close, one of my oldest tradelines);
BOA: Customized Cash Rewards - SL $500, CL: $1,500;

Chopping Block:
Capital One: Platinum MC - CL: $600 (they won't give me a CLI);
Credit One: 2 cards with $1,500 & $2,200 CL
Prosper: $1,400

Goal Cards:
Chase Sapphire, WF Autograph and PenFed Platinum Rewards

Car Loans: 1 loan.
Car: 2023 Audi A4 SLine
Paid off:
VW Financial Services: 2020 Jetta
Exeter Finance: 2015 Jetta
Message 13 of 25
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

@AlanGJP - I've read about Synchrony shutting down store/retail card accounts for various reasons like high exposure, but not Sync Visa/MC cards. That was another reason I avoided Lowes and other store cards in general. I'm new with Sync, opened 3 card accounts (2 Visa, 1 MC) this year based on current needs. I already used Venmo so got the Venmo Visa, already had Verizon home/wireless accounts so got the Verizon Visa. And liked the flat rate unlimited 2% cash back structure of the Sync World MC. 

Oh contraire, SYNC most definitely also shuts down their Visa/MC cards all the time as well and there are numerous reports of such in these Forums.....many. NO card is safe with SYNC.

Message 14 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@Stealth-1 wrote:

Oh contraire, SYNC most definitely also shuts down their Visa/MC cards all the time as well and there are numerous reports of such in these Forums.....many

And if you only have "one" SYNCB card, you can sleep well at night 😴

Message 15 of 25
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

@Stealth-1 wrote:

Oh contraire, SYNC most definitely also shuts down their Visa/MC cards all the time as well and there are numerous reports of such in these Forums.....many. NO card is safe with SYNC.

Thanks @bigseegar. I'll skip the Lowes card. 3 cards with them is enough.

Message 16 of 25
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

@Stealth-1 wrote:

Oh contraire, SYNC most definitely also shuts down their Visa/MC cards all the time as well and there are numerous reports of such in these Forums.....many

And if you only have "one" SYNCB card, you can sleep well at night 😴

No issues with them so far. But if one happened, the only card I might keep is the Venmo Visa. I'm diversified enough with card issuers, I could cancel all 3 SYNC cards and won't lose any sleep over it. I already have non-SYNC replacement cards ready just in case they play their shutdown games. 👍 Just feel bad for the people that have most or all their cards with them, carry $0 balance, and SYNC still pulls the plug on all of them. 👎

Message 17 of 25
Limitless-Credit
Established Member

Congrats on your Lowes credit limit increase.

Message 18 of 25
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

@Stealth-1 wrote:

So, I did glance over those threads over the last several months. I don't think I have much to worry about given my exposure to Synchrony is limited to Lowes and Amazon. For those that don't fit into that box (re: you) you might want to read more into it than I have.

So far, [knock on wood] I've had zero issues with them. That said, I never carry a balance on any of my cards and for whatever it's worth -- I barely use my Lowes card. I can count on one hand the number of times over the last year. Once when I opened it for that DeWalt deal, another for a $600 eGo Electric Lawnmower and then a few times for various $10-50 purchases. Every time paying in full as soon as the charge settled.

With that said, while I'd love to say "Those other guys are probably doing something weird to trigger that response", I just don't know enough to say one way or the other. I can only really speak to my experience and I really haven't had any issues. But I would say, if I was considering another Synchrony card, I'd probably do my homework with regards to those threads, before making that decision.

Last thing you'd want is to be pushed down from $300k. Even if it might mean I have a better chance at that beer. Smiley Wink

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 19 of 25
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@AlanGJP wrote:

@Stealth-1 wrote:

So, I did glance over those threads over the last several months. I don't think I have much to worry about given my exposure to Synchrony is limited to Lowes and Amazon. For those that don't fit into that box (re: you) you might want to read more into it than I have.

So far, [knock on wood] I've had zero issues with them. That said, I never carry a balance on any of my cards and for whatever it's worth -- I barely use my Lowes card. I can count on one hand the number of times over the last year. Once when I opened it for that DeWalt deal, another for a $600 eGo Electric Lawnmower and then a few times for various $10-50 purchases. Every time paying in full as soon as the charge settled.

With that said, while I'd love to say "Those other guys are probably doing something weird to trigger that response", I just don't know enough to say one way or the other. I can only really speak to my experience and I really haven't had any issues. But I would say, if I was considering another Synchrony card, I'd probably do my homework with regards to those threads, before making that decision.

Last thing you'd want is to be pushed down from $300k. Even if it might mean I have a better chance at that beer. Smiley Wink

Thanks, agreed. I read a few threads, and even people that carried zero balances were getting shut down...but of course we don’t know the full back story. I feel secure with my specific flavors of SYNC cards. They repeatedly sought me for a year on the Venmo Visa and Verizon Visa cards...the World MC was me seeking them afterwards. I also stay at $0 and PIF, and would have done the same on the Lowes card. So I'll stick with the 3 SYNC cards that I have...my combined exposure on them is only 45K. No issues so far and plan to keep it that way. However, it would be strange to shut down the same good customer they marketed relentlessly, and who always PIF...but if they did, I have other good cards to replace the lost CL. So I still need to add store cards, just not SYNC backed store cards...too risky. 👍

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.