Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Card

tag
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Lowes Card

Hello everyone,

So today I decided to app for the Lowe's card. I used the pre qual tool and it said I was pre approved with a limit of 6,000 and a fixed APR. 

I applied and received a 7-10 day letter notice and a reference number. I found this strange but I looked through the forums and learned that this usually happens when your ID needs to be verified and would have to wait 7-10 days to recive the letter with the verification website.

I found the verification link (verify.syf.com) here in the forums and did it. I called the number provided at the end of the verification process. I provided the rep with the Lowes card reference number and later with the verification reference number. He verified my identity and I was approved. Instead of waiting 2 more weeks I did everything in 1 day. 

Excited as I needed this card for an upcoming project on the house. Figured I post all this info just in case someone has a similar issue. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes Card

Congrats on the approval and way to get it done in a single day.

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 2 of 20
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Lowe's Card approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@DoctorManhattan, Congratulations on your Lowe's Approval!

This was my experience with "Lowe's" 

Happy SpendingSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@DoctorManhattan  Congrats on your Lowes approval 🥂🤑👍

Did they make you take a selfi?

Message 5 of 20
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Easy to grow from what I have read. Congratulations!

Message 6 of 20
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Lowe's Advantage approval

Message 7 of 20
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Selfies are a thing of the past they want a whole video with you turning your face 🤣

Message 8 of 20
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@DoctorManhattan wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Selfies are a thing of the past they want a whole video with you turning your face 🤣

Ok WOW! 😂😂😂

Hopefully Sync dosen't offer any new CCs that I would like! Not sure I would go that far... 🤦‍♂️

Message 9 of 20
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@DoctorManhattan  - Congrats on a nice SL from Lowes.    Just in case, researching the forums since the iron is still hot you can strike and ask for immediate CLI.  Of course this is depending on your Synchrony exposre and credit profiile in general but you don't lose anything by asking for more credit......it's a Soft Pull.   It worked for me, I too was approved @ $6,000 and same day called in and spoke to the CSR person asked for $20,000 they countered with $17,000.  Helped me out a ton after I closed on my new house, bought all new LG appliances from Lowe's from a great Lowes/LG promo.   Anyhow, i got side tracked, Just a suggestion...you may not need it but again, doesn't hurt to ask.

Congrats again -- Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.