cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes likes to play with our feeling....

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowes likes to play with our feeling....

LOL, grats on the approval and the boost to 17k Smiley Happy After some spend and about 4 mos then you can ask for 25K. Welcome to myfico.

Message 11 of 22
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

That's a true myFico'er, not trying to leave anything on the table 🤣

Big congrats on your Lowes action!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's how it's done MF-style - congrats on scoring big right out the gate Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after reading multiple threads here about Synchrony and their weird CLIs with the lowes card i decided to try, mostly to try boost up my total credit worthiness and well, they played with my feelings too, did the preaproval online, upon submitting the application it directed me to call them for verification, when called and verified they approved me for merely $600, i told them i couldnt do much with that and wanted and increase, they transfered me to customer service, the lady at CS asked me how much i wanted, i threw a random $7k and in no time she was like "yup, you are approved for $7k, bye" just like that, i feel like i left money on the table, i shoul've shot for the sky lol.

Update: thinking i should've asked for a higher limit i talked to a live agent and they increased to $17,000 right away. i think i'm done for now.

I did the same thing early this year.  They offered me about $3K applied online.  Called the next day to customer service told them I needed more as I wanted to redo my kitchen. I asked for 25k(I leave nothing on the table).   They came back with 17K.   I was happy with that!  lol

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, amazing cli. I got the $500 prequal and passed, guess I messed up lol.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after reading multiple threads here about Synchrony and their weird CLIs with the lowes card i decided to try, mostly to try boost up my total credit worthiness and well, they played with my feelings too, did the preaproval online, upon submitting the application it directed me to call them for verification, when called and verified they approved me for merely $600, i told them i couldnt do much with that and wanted and increase, they transfered me to customer service, the lady at CS asked me how much i wanted, i threw a random $7k and in no time she was like "yup, you are approved for $7k, bye" just like that, i feel like i left money on the table, i shoul've shot for the sky lol.

Update: thinking i should've asked for a higher limit i talked to a live agent and they increased to $17,000 right away. i think i'm done for now.

😂 I love the Yup, $7K, bye.  Now, if that were anywhere but here, we all would have been thrilled with $7K, right? 🤣 But we are NF Peeps, right? Sniff sniff 🐾 We smell, I mightah left money on the table and call back! And 💥 $17K! ☄️ $10K more! 🎶🎵🎶🎶🎶 That's fantastic! Congratulations on your approval and immediate two CLI's! 

Ye have not because ye ask not... 😁 Not you! 🥳🥳🥳

Welcome welcome welcome 

Message 16 of 22
TooTall804
Established Member

Congratulations on the Lowes approval. 

I too had a similar experience with my Lowe's card. Approval I was given I believe $1800. The wife and I picked out a fridge and I ended calling for a small increase, instantly as OP says. 
feeling just the same and I don't like leaving money on the table. I was out in the parking lot waiting for my fridge to make outside. I called and was approved immediately for $20k. I've been there at $20k for 3 years I believe. I knew I could really do some damage with $20k in Lowes in no time. 😂 so I too pumped the breaks. 

Most I've put on it was $4k for a lawn mower and paid that down within the 6mnth interest free timeframe. Maybe I had a year? 

Again Congratulations, I remember feeling everything you talk about with my experience as well!

Message 17 of 22
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous on your Lowe's approval & recon...enjoy the added leverage! Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is sweet! Congrats on the approval and cli's! 

Message 19 of 22
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Lowe's is one of the cards that can grow fast. I started at $3k and pretty much asked for an increase every month or every other month and topped out at the ceiling of $35k.  Don't forget you can also double dip with them and it usually works

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.