cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes only approved me for $1,000?!?!?!?

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes only approved me for $1,000?!?!?!?

And here it comes, everyone thinks it was directed towards them. I don't care about your CU CL, it wasn't even part of the discussion. Move along.

Message 31 of 45
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

sorry...just wanted to make sure you could choke on your own comment...it was a general comment directed at everyone.

Message 32 of 45
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 33 of 45
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

You got me good..

Message 34 of 45
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Usually the people that think its directed at them are guilty. I know im sorta new here and all, but thats been my experience with forums in the past.  I dont buy a lot of peoples limits they post, only because I make what I would consiter to be a very nice living, and Im extended very nice credit limits, But my limits seem like nothing to what I have seen from other people on here (OCCU was a big red flag when I was only given 7k and everybody else were saying they were given 15-20k lines). IDk guess im just not good at smooth talking a phone operator. 

btw I have had about the same luck as the OP with lowes which is why im majory surprised by some of these credit lines. I had to practically BEG for a 10k limit, and thats only because I kept going over my limit. I have asked three times in the last 18 months for a CLI and am always denied. After a couple more accounts age to a year old I want to apply for a Citi Home depot card instead. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 35 of 45
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@awp317 wrote:

Usually the people that think its directed at them are guilty. I know im sorta new here and all, but thats been my experience with forums in the past.  I dont buy a lot of peoples limits they post, only because I make what I would consiter to be a very nice living, and Im extended very nice credit limits, But my limits seem like nothing to what I have seen from other people on here (OCCU was a big red flag when I was only given 7k and everybody else were saying they were given 15-20k lines). IDk guess im just not good at smooth talking a phone operator. 

btw I have had about the same luck as the OP with lowes which is why im majory surprised by some of these credit lines. I had to practically BEG for a 10k limit, and thats only because I kept going over my limit. I have asked three times in the last 18 months for a CLI and am always denied. After a couple more accounts age to a year old I want to apply for a Citi Home depot card instead. 

I didnt think it was directed at me but it is a bad generalization that everyone fictitiously posts huge GE limits on here and takes away from how generous GE can be. I think the majority of posters are truthful in what they post, but like anything in life there are bad apples. Anyways im done.

Message 36 of 45
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@tehdrizzle wrote:

Already had one prior to applying which is how I knew for sure that no balance is showing on my cards and my TU score is 805.

Apparently vehicles and mortgage are taken into account for debt/income ratio with Lowes.  Hard to believe that these people either make 200k per year or have no car payments and have their mortgage paid off in order to get a 20k+ liimt..

Very odd.  Was wondering if something was afoul on the actual CR, because it doesn't seem to fit people's reported experiences with them.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 37 of 45
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Something doesn't seem right? GE should love an 800+ FICO and high salary. Especially with the Lowes. I don't think DTI would be an issue. Either they are seeing something you are not or you're just messing with us on your scores and income. There's no reason to lie about things so I doubt you are but I'm amazed by some of the posters on here.

Good luck on your roof
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 38 of 45
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Why would anybody lie on here.  I see most people including myself came here for help and there are a lot of helpful folks.  I suspect some from the lenders and CRA's even snoop around.  Seems some people hit it off with certain lenders and can't connect with others. I can't get in with Citi, Comenity has given me one card, can't get the shopping cart trick to work, and I have did multiple recons to get credit, but with GECRB and Chase it seems the sky is the limit; I'm in with Discover OK and nurturing an acct with BOA, then theres Cap 1 I struggle with, and the old credit one along with a bunch of retail cards.

I see high CL and admire those folks and I believe it is possible to have such CL.  I just can't get them, my highest is 12K with Chase but I'm getting close to the 100K club overall and with my AU accts I am over 100K in credit.  I think its unfair to make a general statement to the forum suggesting people lie about their CL.  It has been hard work for me to finally get a decent CC portfolio and I'm sure others have worked hard too.  And yes I'm sure there are a lot of folks here with large incomes.  I have a 6 figure income but that is just part of the credit puzzle.

Message 39 of 45
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Why would anybody lie on here.  I see most people including myself came here for help and there are a lot of helpful folks.  I suspect some from the lenders and CRA's even snoop around.  Seems some people hit it off with certain lenders and can't connect with others. I can't get in with Citi, Comenity has given me one card, can't get the shopping cart trick to work, and I have did multiple recons to get credit, but with GECRB and Chase it seems the sky is the limit; I'm in with Discover OK and nurturing an acct with BOA, then theres Cap 1 I struggle with, and the old credit one along with a bunch of retail cards.

I see high CL and admire those folks and I believe it is possible to have such CL.  I just can't get them, my highest is 12K with Chase but I'm getting close to the 100K club overall and with my AU accts I am over 100K in credit.  I think its unfair to make a general statement to the forum suggesting people lie about their CL.  It has been hard work for me to finally get a decent CC portfolio and I'm sure others have worked hard too.  And yes I'm sure there are a lot of folks here with large incomes.  I have a 6 figure income but that is just part of the credit puzzle.

It makes little sense to lie on here like you said whats the point?, when I first came on the board  I felt weird talking about my CL or income or anything like that, but I soon learned that it was necessary to help other people get the correct data points to improving their credit. I work for a small non profit and only make $26000 a year, yet I have almost 60k in revolving credit (one of them being Lowes for 10k) plus a 20k car loan I am pretty sure the reason for that is 1. Navy Federal has been very good to me (I have been a member for 25 years) and 2. I have 5GE cards that some of them I have been making on time payments for years on. I am pretty sure that GE trusts me now. I have not been able to even sniff A Citi card so I guess that means all the people that say they have high Citi limits are lying? yeah right . If I cant get approved with them, that means everyone is not being truthful? again yeah right. I guess others are jealous when people do better then they can.  

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.