cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY HIGHEST CL - 2/2 Approvals (Citi TY Premier & AMEX Hilton Ascend)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY HIGHEST CL - 2/2 Approvals (Citi TY Premier & AMEX Hilton Ascend)

Before work 4:30 am, I felt froggy! I was pre-qualified for the Citi TY Premier for a month or so [5 offers total]. I wanted to wait until all of my reported credit cards aged to 2 months (CL $700 & $500). I had a set APR at 15.74%. I felt confident, but worried about my current lines (thank you to everyone who responded to my PMs). Well, during the application....Citi couldn't verify the phone number I gave. I refreshed and tried to apply again. I was denied for obvious reasons. Tried to call the backdoor numbers before I left work, but they weren't opened yet.

Well, I decided to shift my focus to the AMEX Hilton Honors Ascend, which I was pre-approved for. I have a lot of spend coming up and as a BI consultant, I travel enough. Approved for $1,000. 

After I got off, I tried Citi's backdoor number located in the thread. Got great CSR. She sent me a code. Came back and approved me for $7,600!!!!!!!!!! Citi wants to be my new daily driver. 

Bringing my total line to $10,300 in 2 months! I still am "suppose" to receive CLI from Chase and AMEX in July.

NOW, when is the welcome back to the GARDEN PARTY?! I got to age A LOT....! 

DPs:

TU: 688 (6 medical charge-offs...starting process to remove) 3 INQ (1 drops off in July), EQ: 758 1 INQ (drops off in July), EX: 749 4 INQ (2 drop-off in July)

UTIL: <1% ($2 out of $1,200)

AAoA: 3 years

AoOA: 5.6 years

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY HIGHEST CL - 2/2 Approvals

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals..esp. Citi!!

You are SUPPOSED to have a CLI for Chase at 6 months? LOL I am sorry, but Chase generally doesn’t work that way.

@Anonymouswrote:

Before work 4:30 am, I felt froggy! I was pre-qualified for the Citi TY Premier for a month or so [5 offers total]. I wanted to wait until all of my reported credit cards aged to 2 months (CL $700 & $500). I had a set APR at 15.74%. I felt confident, but worried about my current lines (thank you to everyone who responded to my PMs). Well, during the application....Citi couldn't verify the phone number I gave. I refreshed and tried to apply again. I was denied for obvious reasons. Tried to call the backdoor numbers before I left work, but they weren't opened yet.

Well, I decided to shift my focus to the AMEX Hilton Honors Ascend, which I was pre-approved for. I have a lot of spend coming up and as a BI consultant, I travel enough. Approved for $1,000. 

After I got off, I tried Citi's backdoor number located in the thread. Got great CSR. She sent me a code. Came back and approved me for $7,600!!!!!!!!!! Citi wants to be my new daily driver. 

Bringing my total line to $10,300 in 2 months! I still am "suppose" to receive CLI from Chase and AMEX in July.

DPs:

TU: 688 (6 medical charge-offs...starting process to remove) 3 INQ (1 drops off in July), EQ: 758 1 INQ (drops off in July), EX: 749 4 INQ (2 drop-off in July)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguywrote:

Congrats on your approvals..esp. Citi!!

You are SUPPOSED to have a CLI for Chase at 6 months? LOL I am sorry, but Chase generally doesn’t work that way.

@Anonymouswrote:

DPs:

LOL I'm in their "credit steps" program, along with AMEX. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congratulations!

Thank you! 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Nice pickups!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats!! Nice pickups!

Appreciate it! I hope, I can get my ED CL like yours one day.

Since applying for my Merrick and Chase, then I discovered the forums and have learned a lot

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was surprised by the CL especially since I am in their “Credit steps” program.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
I was surprised by the CL especially since I am in their “Credit steps” program.

Well, congrats! AMEX likes your profile. I'm sure they'll grow for both us. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.