Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex Approval - 8k SL

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Macy's Amex Approval - 8k SL

Well one last card to finish up the year Smiley Happy.. Hey it has been 32 or 33 days since my Marriott approval so doing well?

Anyways had to get some clothing (dress stuff yuck!) for my sisters wedding that I fly out to on the 26th of this month that is on the 28th.  Actually a fairly casual wedding on a beach in Florida so don't have to wear a suit, etc like the wedding I went to a few months ago so bought a nice Polo type button up and some navy not quite slack, but nice pants etc.. They were having 20% off today and tomorrow and been itching for the card and knew I didn't want to apply online as one would get the typical 1k SL tops.

Applied in store and SL is 8k.. Should have that to 25k in no time.  I am DONE for the year....  

Never seen a quicker approval in my life... cashier asked for DL and I typed in a few things in terminal and hit submit within 2 seconds approval forms printing out...

DP's 

They did a Exp HP

Score 780-790ish

Inquiries this year on Exp 5

Util: 1%

AAoA: 3+ years

oldest account: 25+ years

Overall unsecured personal credit > 500k

Any other questions feel free to ask other then did I really need this card Smiley Happy..

Macys.jpg

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's Amex Approval - 8k SL

So I take it some of the credit line available for immediate use?

Message 2 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So I take it some of the credit line available for immediate use?

probably could of charged up to 8k?  I spent about 300 if that was question so have 7700 approx left?

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done for the year? There are still 13 days left.....guess we will see! Smiley Tongue

Congrats, agree it will be 25k in no time.

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

... They were having 20% off today and tomorrow and been itching for the card ...

Is the card related to the discount? Or is that just a Macy's promo that happened to coincide with your MyFico thirst for more credit? Smiley Wink

Great job on the DPs and describing the process -- much appreciated. 

Congrats! & safe travels.

Message 5 of 39
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

... They were having 20% off today and tomorrow and been itching for the card ...

Is the card related to the discount? Or is that just a Macy's promo that happened to coincide with your MyFico thirst for more credit? Smiley Wink

Great job on the DPs and describing the process -- much appreciated. 

Congrats! & safe travels.

lol today and tomorrow was 20% off if applied... really not that much although depending on what you spent it took care of tax and then another 10% as was 20% off up to $100.... Not a huge perk by any means, more just an excuse to be honest as wanted this card and wanted to wrap up the year and needed the clothing for the wedding, but obviously i could of used one of my other 25+ cards to do so....

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Lust. It's a thing. Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 39
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 39
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Did you really need that card? Smiley Surprised

Congrats CC & Happy Wedding/HolidaysSmiley Wink

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.