Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy’s Amex Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy’s Amex Approval

Good Morning! Long time lurker ..first time post :-). This past Saturday I applied online for the Macy’s card. Now I should preface this by saying that before I applied, I researched this forum about information on the store card and Amex version. I was adamant that I was just going to get the store card. However when I applied, it stated I was approve for both versions and I had to choose one. I ended up going with the Amex version despite my decision On doing the store card only :-/

Well as happy as I am about getting approved (denied about a year or so ago), I only got $1,000 CL. Wonder if I would’ve gotten more by going with store card instead.

Can anyone tell me when I can request my first CLI? It seems hit or miss with everyone on whether it’s HP or SP, but wasn’t sure if they had a time frame for requests. Would like this card to be at least 5k.

Thank you in advance!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy’s Amex Approval

Congratulations on getting your card! Treat this card nice and it should give you very generouse CLI down the road. Since this is a co-branded AMEX, after about 1 year give or take, it will open other AMEX doors for you as well. As far as your first CLI, probably arounf 91 days, it denied at that time, wait for 181 since day it was opened. Others may have more definite times but that is from what I have been able to find. Then link will help you with dates fro CLI  https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen on the board, this card show grow very nicely in time.

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting your card! Treat this card nice and it should give you very generouse CLI down the road. Since this is a co-branded AMEX, after about 1 year give or take, it will open other AMEX doors for you as well. As far as your first CLI, probably arounf 91 days, it denied at that time, wait for 181 since day it was opened. Others may have more definite times but that is from what I have been able to find. Then link will help you with dates fro CLI https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is all completely incorrect. This is not a cobranded Amex card. This is an Amex card issued by DSNB/Citi. The above rules apply only to Amex products issued by Amex or Centurion.

This card will be subject to the normal CLI guidelines from Citi, and is NOT subject to the 91 / 180 day CLI rules from Amex

Additionally, unfortunately it will not open doors to other Amex cards, other than being a positive trade line

Congrats on your approval!!
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your replies!  I'm not too worried about getting in with Amex, I have the BCE (9k), SPG (4k) and Hilton (17k).  Also have cards from the other major banks.  I just really wanted this card because I shop there a lot, especially during the holidays and I know they have some great discounts if you're a card holder.  I decided to go for it afer getting approved for MLife Rewards a couple of weeks ago with FNBO.  I got denied for that one around the same times as Macys. After getting the approval for MLife, I figured I may as well see if I can crack the Macy's card.  Excited for approval, just bummed on the SL and was wondering how long before I can get it up to a decent amount. 

Message 5 of 11
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Always better to get the amex. Congrats

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the store card version and it started at 500 in september. Tried for cli in october after first statement cut and it was denied. Tried again after 2nd statement cut in november. asked for 5,000 and they countered with 3,000. No hard pull, was done online. In december after 3rd statement cut i asked for 9,000 and it was approved. Online, no hard pull. Did it again in january, asked for 15,000 and was approved.  So the store card grows fast. My statement cuts on the 13th and i ask on the 15th. That seems to be my day. Scores are mid 700's and i have put through about 500 since i got the card. sometimes have a balance when i ask for a cli too.Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Macy’s approval! Seems you have an awesome line-up of cards already. 

Message 8 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

My card originally started out with a $1k limit and right now it’s at $44,000. It will be 4 years old in May.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!  After seeing how the Amex can grow just as easy it looks like as the store, I found the courage to call and try to recon my SL.  Successful with 5k now!  I asked for them to use the same report as my initial app and they agreed Smiley Happy  Hopefully I'll have a good run with sp's on this card as it looks like there are some who gets hp's for their cli's.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.