Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Amex CLI

Well, I set a reminder for 62 days on my iPhone for a CLI request for my Macy's Amex.  Site asked me to specify what I'd like my limit to be, so I entered $3k.  Started with $1500.  Instant approval.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kaw943
Regular Contributor

Re: Macy's Amex CLI

Congrats on the increase!

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice trekkie, its quite possible that you may have been able to get more if its instant. I recently got my Macys to 8k was instant approved and didnt want to hit again in case was hp but did anyway and put in 10k and got it instant and no hp so quite happy. If you dont want to to go for it again, next time shoot a little higher to see if they give it, they should counter if they cant give it allSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! That's a nice credit limit increase. 

Who underwrites the Macy's Amex? I don't believe it's a true a amex, but rather simply runs on the Amex platform? I'm guessing really, does anybody know for certain? 

Congrats again OP!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC I went back and tried to get to $5k but no go.  

It is on the Amex platform, but not amex amex. lol

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool beans!!! I still have a limit of 1K since I opened the card. I dont really shop at Macy's except around xmas for makeup gifts for sister and mother then pay it off. Maybe I should do the increase to get higher limit to show.

Message 6 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AJC I went back and tried to get to $5k but no go.  

It is on the Amex platform, but not amex amex. lol

Cool! Thanks Trekkie, what bank underwrites the Macy's Amex? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grill, i believe that Amex is still Citi's Department Store National Bank. That like any co Amex just rides the network.

Sorry Trekkie, hope it was still sp. I figure the Amex is a tad different from the regular store cards in regards to getting cli, sort of like Sams and Sams mastercard. Youll get them next time thoughSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC it was an sp. sorry grill I got busy. Yes it's dsnb. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trekkie congratulations on your Macy's CLI! 😊
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.