Did you mean: 

Macy's Amex

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's Amex

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Bored again!  Applied for Macy's card and said qualified for store and Amex versions.  I chose Amex thinking I would get a decent limit.  Approved for 1k.  Hopefully with some usage we can get that puppy to at least 5k.

Congrats!  screamer.gif

I've had an itch for Macy's for a while now... it seems that every time I shop there they are running a special where cardholders get an extra (non-trivial) percent off.   I have a very colorful history with DSNB, though, so depending on how tight Citi's integration is with the old DSNB files I might not should even consider it.   

Did you apply in-store or online? 

Thanks UncleB.  Is Citi taking over DSNB?  I applied online since it gave me the option to apply for both versions.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the bored approval 12njoy.

Maybe that Macy's card can eventually climb up the ladder for you.

Message 12 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@12njoy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Bored again!  Applied for Macy's card and said qualified for store and Amex versions.  I chose Amex thinking I would get a decent limit.  Approved for 1k.  Hopefully with some usage we can get that puppy to at least 5k.

Congrats!  screamer.gif

I've had an itch for Macy's for a while now... it seems that every time I shop there they are running a special where cardholders get an extra (non-trivial) percent off.   I have a very colorful history with DSNB, though, so depending on how tight Citi's integration is with the old DSNB files I might not should even consider it.   

Thanks UncleB.  Is Citi taking over DSNB?  I applied online since it gave me the option to apply for both versions.

Sorry for the confusion... I was just referring to the Citi purchase of DSNB years ago (2005?).  I think DSNB is operated as a subsidiary, but it's Citi at the top.

Oddly I'm "in" with Citi (I have a Diamond Preferred), so they don't seem to be holding my Macy's experience against me, but that might be different if I applied with Macy's directly.  I would likely try online as you did... that way if denied only the computer and myself would be the wiser... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Did the online approval tell you if your store credit line is the same as the Amex line?  From what I understand Macy's is odd in that they give you two credit lines; a store line and the Amex line on the same card.  If they only had the single line (like most other stores) I wouldn't hesitate to app, since I could link Ebates to the card and double-dip when shopping in-store.  Since Macy's transactions aren't processed via the Amex network, though, that wouldn't work.  Smiley Sad

In any case, super happy for you!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

I was told that my credit line was $1,000. They didn't make a distinction between in store and amex.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats 12Smiley Happy This baby will growSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 20
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Congrats! If you want the cl increased some, id rec calling their credit department and requesting a CLI. I was able to get my Macy's Amex up to 25k a few years ago with little history.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow 1mil! Congrats on the approval. Was just declined for a Macy’s card yesterday but was approved for discover it today so that makes me feel better. Im just amazed on the 1mil in Credit.

EQ 636 TU 658 EX 639
Message 17 of 20
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Congrats!  screamer.gif

Sorry for the confusion... I was just referring to the Citi purchase of DSNB years ago (2005?).  I think DSNB is operated as a subsidiary, but it's Citi at the top.

Oddly I'm "in" with Citi (I have a Diamond Preferred), so they don't seem to be holding my Macy's experience against me, but that might be different if I applied with Macy's directly.  I would likely try online as you did... that way if denied only the computer and myself would be the wiser... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Did the online approval tell you if your store credit line is the same as the Amex line?  From what I understand Macy's is odd in that they give you two credit lines; a store line and the Amex line on the same card.  If they only had the single line (like most other stores) I wouldn't hesitate to app, since I could link Ebates to the card and double-dip when shopping in-store.  Since Macy's transactions aren't processed via the Amex network, though, that wouldn't work.  Smiley Sad

Since Citi took over the profiles in mid-late 2015, I believe they are now treated as separate accounts with separate cards on separate bills.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 18 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Congrats!  screamer.gif

Since Citi took over the profiles in mid-late 2015, I believe they are now treated as separate accounts with separate cards on separate bills.

So you're saying that the Macy's Amex now just has a single credit line, used both in the store and externally?

If so that solves my Ebates dilemma, and I might have to give this card a look sooner than later... LOL.   Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 20
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@UncleB: Maybe someone else who has both can chime in--but I'm pretty sure now you can have one or the other--or both on separate bills and accouts. I have the store card and would offer myself up as a gineau pig to test this with a Macy's AMEX app, but I'm trying to keep my finger off the app trigger for at least the rest of this year and maybe most of next year.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.