cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Approved after RECON!

3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Macy's Approved after RECON!

Well, I applied and got denied. They pulled EX so I wondered what could be the reason.
The letter I got said, "Insufficient number of accounts" as the reason for denial. .
I called the recon # (800-477-2167) and the CSR said I put $8.00 as my monthly income...???
Ok so this was clearly a mistake, we revised app after giving some verifying info and another HP it was
Approved for $300....smh.... Anyway I'm going to see if I could grow it to $3000. by next Dec.

EQ.-743  |  TU.-736  |  EX.-706

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's Approved after RECON!

Congratulations on your approval and sorry about the second HP!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats Op. $300 can grow in no time. Mine grew from $300 to 25k like butter. Word to the wise though, its fun but not really necessary. Ill be axing that limit today. Lessons learned the hard waySmiley Wink
NN7! Fico math 1 HP = 20 CG LIEr Club Plankowner
Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! I have to admit that I was cracking up at the thought of an $8-a-month salary. No wonder you were denied! 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex ED: 18k
Citi DC: 7.7k
Fidelity Visa: 2k
Apple Card: 1.5k
Message 4 of 9
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on joining the Macy's family, as others have said the card can grow rather quickly if handled properly. Use well and pay off this smaller CL quickly and you'll see your CLI's growing fast. It is very possible to get to 3K by summer.

Give it ~3mths of use and you should see auto luv come your way. Then when you get the online cli request option you can use it or or ask using site chat feature or call in to ask but make sure it's gonna be a SP. 

Good Luck to you and happy shoppingSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

@9CLINE wrote:

Congrats on joning the Macy's family, as others have said the card can grow rather quickly if handled properly. Use well and pay off this smaller CL quickly and you'll see your CLI's growing fast. It is very possible to get to 3K by summer.

Give it ~3mths of use and you should see auto luv come your way. Then when you get the online cli request option you can use it or or ask using site chat feature or call in to ask but make sure it's gonna be a SP. 

Good Luck to you and happy shoppingSmiley Very Happy

Thanks for the tips. Smiley Wink

EQ.-743  |  TU.-736  |  EX.-706

Message 6 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I'm surprised how it allowed the $8 a month income. I would have thought that it would have realized it was a typo/mistake.

Scores - All bureaus 756 +
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 7 of 9
itduzz
New Contributor

Congrats. My wife was approved for $500 2 years ago in store. Now sitting at 25k

Message 8 of 9
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.