Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI with SP!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Macy's CLI with SP!

Ok so after reading about the other thread regarding Macy's CLI, I figured I'll give it a shot again.

Made the call, had to interact with the stupid automatic system to waste a few minutes, and finally got to talk to a live person.

She sounded really nice, and I'm guessing I might be in luck for a CLI. 

I asked for a soft pull specifically, but she didn't quite get what I meant. So I just said I don't want a hard inquiry done no matter what, even if it means no CLI.

She noted that it's been almost a year since I put any charges on the card and I told her I was planning to buy a mattress or some furniture soon which is why I needed a CLI.

I was put on hold while she talked to the supervisor, and then she went ahead and asked how much increase I wanted, and all the income related questions.

I asked for 5000, but got counteroffered and said that's the max she can do without an inquiry. So my Macy's increased from 100 to 3500. It's a very nice increase if you compare it to my original limit, but it's low compared to my other CLs. I'm happy though, since I don't use that card. I might just buy something cheap and then leave the card alone again for a year or so.

I tried to ask for a CLI for my bloomingdale's account as well, since they're the same company. However I am not qualified for any since my last CLI was done Jan'13. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI with SP!

@enharu wrote:

Ok so after reading about the other thread regarding Macy's CLI, I figured I'll give it a shot again.

Made the call, had to interact with the stupid automatic system to waste a few minutes, and finally got to talk to a live person.

She sounded really nice, and I'm guessing I might be in luck for a CLI. 

I asked for a soft pull specifically, but she didn't quite get what I meant. So I just said I don't want a hard inquiry done no matter what, even if it means no CLI.

She noted that it's been almost a year since I put any charges on the card and I told her I was planning to buy a mattress or some furniture soon which is why I needed a CLI.

I was put on hold while she talked to the supervisor, and then she went ahead and asked how much increase I wanted, and all the income related questions.

I asked for 5000, but got counteroffered and said that's the max she can do without an inquiry. So my Macy's increased from 100 to 3500. It's a very nice increase if you compare it to my original limit, but it's low compared to my other CLs. I'm happy though, since I don't use that card. I might just buy something cheap and then leave the card alone again for a year or so.

I tried to ask for a CLI for my bloomingdale's account as well, since they're the same company. However I am not qualified for any since my last CLI was done Jan'13. 

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

That's an excellent CLI - congratulations!  Go buy your wife/gf something nice in the jewelry department!!  Smiley Very Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's some increase! I have to say...it's about time! I was tired of seeing that $100 CL! Lol!

Congrats!
Message 4 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 14
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Success!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 14
power123
New Visitor

I had the same thing from them.They wouldnt pass 3500 without hp

Great increase enharuSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy You should go for Macy's Amex.

Ron.

Message 8 of 14
PSouz
Contributor

Congrats

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 9 of 14
power123
New Visitor

Macys Amex

Annual spend min 1k

6 months of account history

No guarateed approval

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.