Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's CLI!

I decided to pull the trigger and requested a CLI for my Macy's store card from 500 to 3000 after my 6th statement cut today. It was approved!

Do you think it'll be a HP or SP? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's CLI!

Wow...nice increase. Congratulations!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first CLI with Macys was a HP, all others after that were SP

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'll be watching what happens to my inquiry report... I'm hoping it's a SP, but we'll see. I'll keep everyone posted, I was just curious,

Message 4 of 11
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Yes, please update.  

I got Macy's in October 2016 and got denied for CLIs in February (using a December SP) and in March (using a January SP). I am tempted to ask them to just HP me because my EQ has increased almost 100 points but I don't want to poke the bear Smiley Very Happy

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just logged in to my account because of this post. Last CLI was from $600 to $1600 back in Janruary. Just requested an additional $1400 for an even $3k and I got approved. No notifications from any credit monitoring services, so I'm assuming it was another SP from them.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't received notice yet of any inq... but we'll see. When I applied for a Cap 1 card, it took two days for the three inquires to hit me lol. I know CLI's are different, but I'm crossing my fingers at this point. I don't plan on any more CLI's for this card since 3k is pretty much all I'll ever need for Macy's. 500 was just a really low limit and I had spent a considerable amount on my card these past 6 months. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

*update* its been a day and there's no sign of any new inquiry... I'll give it another day.
Message 8 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

When I asked for a CLI in February over the phone, I specifically asked would it be a SP, and CSR said yes. I went from $2K to $5K. Hope your's a SP too.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Final Update*

No inquiry notice! I'm going to assume that there was no inquiry on the CLI request! If anything changes, I'll update accordingly, but go ahead and request that CLI if you were thinking about it!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.