Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's & Amazon Prime Store SP CLI

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Macy's & Amazon Prime Store SP CLI

In preparation for a mortgage in the next few months, I am supposed to be paying my high UTIL down and spending the rest of my days deep in the garden. After reading some of your posts, I remembered that while gardening, we are encouraged to help our credit lines grow and with a little more research, I found out that right now Macys and Amazon are both soft pulls. 

Even though these aren't huge CLIs, I am still ultra excited that they were soft pulls and added a tiny bit of padding to my UTIL. Also set my alarm to ask again after 30 days. 

Macys - 900 to 2400 

Amazon - 580 to 1800 

NOTE: Both of these cards received CLD in 2018 when I was ALL THE WAY MAXED...so I am almost back to the original CLs. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Macy's & Amazon Prime Store SP CLI

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 2 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI's

Message 3 of 14
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

In preparation for a mortgage in the next few months, I am supposed to be paying my high UTIL down and spending the rest of my days deep in the garden. After reading some of your posts, I remembered that while gardening, we are encouraged to help our credit lines grow and with a little more research, I found out that right now Macys and Amazon are both soft pulls

Even though these aren't huge CLIs, I am still ultra excited that they were soft pulls and added a tiny bit of padding to my UTIL. Also set my alarm to ask again after 30 days. 

Macys - 900 to 2400 

Amazon - 580 to 1800 

NOTE: Both of these cards received CLD in 2018 when I was ALL THE WAY MAXED...so I am almost back to the original CLs. 

Since when has Amazon been a soft pull?!

Message 4 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

In preparation for a mortgage in the next few months, I am supposed to be paying my high UTIL down and spending the rest of my days deep in the garden. After reading some of your posts, I remembered that while gardening, we are encouraged to help our credit lines grow and with a little more research, I found out that right now Macys and Amazon are both soft pulls

Macys - 900 to 2400 

Amazon - 580 to 1800 

Since when has Amazon been a soft pull?!

OP did not indicate if they were discussing the Amazon store card or the Amazon Visa.

SP CLIs are par for the course with the Synchrony-issued store card.   The Visa is a typical Chase card - CLI requests will trigger a HP. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your double play CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@Gladius @coldfusion sorry for any confusion it was the store card...I searched a few threads and saw they were still giving SP CLI every 4 months or so. Another member advised to keep asking until they counter. For me, they countered on my first request. 

Thanks Guys!!!! I'm on my way back to 700!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Message 8 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 14
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.