cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's & Bloomies CLI after 1st statement!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Macy's & Bloomies CLI after 1st statement!

Hey everyone!! I'm a few weeks late posting this because I thought I did already lol.  Anyway.... I'll keep it short, and just provide the data points along with the increase!Smiley Happy 

Data.......

12/01/16- both accts opened same day, for $500 CL. (Had these cards previously years ago. Macy's was IIB in 2013, and my old Bloomies acct was closed in good standing in 2009 for non use). Both old accts are still on my reports.  

Got cards in the mail, and Made a small purchase on both accts at opening, and PIF before the 1st statement cut. 

01/16/17- after SM cut, called in and requested cli (reports frozen). Lady asks how much, I say "$3k", thinking I'd either get declined or a counter offer lower.  Comes back in like 5 seconds and she says, ok your limit has been raised to $3k!  Mmmm, should of asked for $10k. Don't know why I underestimate myself! LOL! Smiley Happy 

IMG_6995.JPG

IMG_6996.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's & Bloomies CLI after 1st statement!

Way to go! And the next CLI will be even better since they gave you what you asked for without flinching Smiley Happy

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Nice! I have always flirted with getting a Bloomy card.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 9
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP on the increase. So you're saying they didn't pull your  CR? Because when Citi took over my Macy's account back in 2015 I took a HP on EQ for an increase---but it was well worth it because it was pretty hefty!Smiley Happy

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Congrats OP on the increase. So you're saying they didn't pull your  CR? Because when Citi took over my Macy's account back in 2015 I took a HP on EQ for an increase---but it was well worth it because it was pretty hefty!Smiley Happy

Nope..Was on ice, all three of them. This was also my first increase. 

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic Pizza!. I find once you establish a good paying record with Macys, they start to open the vaults more and moreSmiley Happy. My last 2 clis have both been sp. Wheres Coolio cuz you are on one fantastic voyageSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Hey everyone!! I'm a few weeks late posting this because I thought I did already lol.  Anyway.... I'll keep it short, and just provide the data points along with the increase!Smiley Happy 

Data.......

12/01/16- both accts opened same day, for $500 CL. (Had these cards previously years ago. Macy's was IIB in 2013, and my old Bloomies acct was closed in good standing in 2009 for non use). Both old accts are still on my reports.  

Got cards in the mail, and Made a small purchase on both accts at opening, and PIF before the 1st statement cut. 

01/16/17- after SM cut, called in and requested cli (reports frozen). Lady asks how much, I say "$3k", thinking I'd either get declined or a counter offer lower.  Comes back in like 5 seconds and she says, ok your limit has been raised to $3k!  Mmmm, should of asked for $10k. Don't know why I underestimate myself! LOL! Smiley Happy 

Next time as CA would say Smiley Wink shoot for the moon! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! on the new limit raises and be prepared for more Happy! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP

Message 8 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats pizza! 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.