Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's & Bloomingdales CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's & Bloomingdales CLI

Haven't used these cards in 25 months, very surprised they were not closed. I applied for a CLI last month and was denied for inquiries and lengths of account. So I used them because I decided not to let them get closed as they help with overall usage. So I made a small purchase and paid it off and waited for another statement and then applied for a CLI and got $1,500 increase on each. So the first denial reason weren't ture? They basically want usage, which I understand. But I don't understand why they didn't just say that anyway.

Macy's now $4,000
Bloomingdales Now $3000

Both about 2yrs 8 months old.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's & Bloomingdales CLI

Hey Credit Addict, congrats on both of your credit limit increases.  I would love to have a Bloomies account some day... I know the wifey would enjoy it!

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang 2 years of no use, they really are leniant lol. Job well doneSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yea I am very surprised they did not close them. I read some forums on here that this bank usually closes them after 12 months of no usage
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I see alot people clamoring for Kohls and other stores but it seems if you really want to get a massive store card credit limit, Macys is the way to go. Theyve been on fire lately especially with sp luv
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.