Did you mean: 

Macy's credit card cli (Updated)

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

Re: Macy's credit card approval

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@mrinal wrote:

I applied for Macy's credit card and my application was approved for a SL of only 400. This is ridiculous. I did not expect it. When should I apply for the credit line increase? Will it be a soft pull? Do I need to use it every month for cli?

How did you make out?

I applied online. It was not initially approved. They sent me a letter stating that they could not pull my credit report. I called them and they asked me some questions and pulled the credit report. The lady told me that it was approved for 400 dollar.

Message 11 of 22
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

mrinal wrote:

I applied for Macy's credit card and my application was approved for a SL of only 400. This is ridiculous. I did not expect it. When should I apply for the credit line increase? Will it be a soft pull? Do I need to use it every month for cli?

I applied online. It was not initially approved. They sent me a letter stating that they could not pull my credit report. I called them and they asked me some questions and pulled the credit report. The lady told me that it was approved for 400 dollar.

Congrats OP Sorry for the SL HUGS

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started out with $300 and am now up to $13k. Macy's is cool. They have this new Gold rewards club. They send out coupons like every week or so, it seems. Congrats.
Message 14 of 22
mrinal
New Contributor

Another cli to 5400

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macy's credit card cli (Updated)

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! Macy's is strict! That is CitiBank. They are hard to crack over @ Macy's.
You're definitely going to need to show usage and time with the card before they will bump youall the way. Make sure you buy stuff and pay it off. I say call for CLI's every 3 months.

Message 16 of 22
mrinal
New Contributor

Another cli to 6900

Message 17 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not too shabby from $400Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 22
mrinal
New Contributor

Another cli to 8400

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was reading the original post...wow!!

I dont think i'll get approved as i burned them in ch7.  Not much, but they were included.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.