Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's over CL initiated CLI

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Macy's over CL initiated CLI

So I got a Macy's card 4 months ago with a 300 CL . I over charged on Xmas and it went thru. I logged into my account and they upped the limit due to the over charge by 200. I'm now at 500 CL and under my limit. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's over CL initiated CLI

@texasman07 wrote:

So I got a Macy's card 4 months ago with a 300 CL . I over charged on Xmas and it went thru. I logged into my account and they upped the limit due to the over charge by 200. I'm now at 500 CL and under my limit. Is this normal?

Some card issuers do this! Guess you must have been a great customer for them to trust you!

Don't make it a habit though. Doing that too many times in hopes of a CLI may actually result in AA!

Message 2 of 6
zerobacan
Established Contributor

woow lucky you!

yeah dont do it again.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 3 of 6
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Wow, don't take this as bragging, but when I opened Macy's with a $300 limit, I went to $2000 in about two months.  I thought they did that for everyone.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 4 of 6
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

Macy's is really good about cli. Keep your balance low an pay on time. You should have no problem asking for an increase each month.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's is very easy and generous with CLI.

Went from $1k store to $10k in under a year and $2k Visa to $12k in the same 1 year. oh and furniture line for $3600 and then 20 months later another furniture line for $5800 with about $400-$500 on the first furniture line left to pay in the 24 month interest free.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.