Macys 30 Days CLI train

12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Macys 30 Days CLI train

@pip3man wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Looks like I've reached the end of the line with Macy's:

How we made our decision
We have denied your request for a credit limit increase due to the following reasons:
• Total amount of recent credit limit increase requests with us or an affiliate

The title just said:  Null - important information.  Didn't even said denied like all the others.  They wont even entertain me anymore Smiley Happy

Same here too (exact same response I got) so you are not alone. I’ll allow another 90 days, if it doesn’t work at least I got as much as I could. Cos tbh $48.5k isn’t too shabby although I was gonna quit at $50k. But in all, it was good while it lasted lol

CITI must be reigning them in.   I'm so thankful you posted the original thread otherwise I might have been stuck with the $1,000 Macy's gas card because that's all I could have used it for.  I'm happy with my 17k.  Yes, I'll never use that either but nice to have for padding when it comes to CLD's.  Recently closed my BofA card which went from 71k>10k>6.5k.  After that, goodbye. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 41 of 50
12njoy
Super Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

How we made our decision
We have denied your request for a credit limit increase due to the following reasons:

The title just said:  Null - important information.  Didn't even said denied like all the others.  They wont even entertain me anymore Smiley Happy

Same here too (exact same response I got) so you are not alone. I’ll allow another 90 days, if it doesn’t work at least I got as much as I could. Cos tbh $48.5k isn’t too shabby although I was gonna quit at $50k. But in all, it was good while it lasted lol

Do you have other CITI accounts that you have recently requested CLI's?  I have tried on my CITI AA a few times as well with no luck. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 42 of 50
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy, if aggregate exposure is on the high end with Citi, then the CLI "train" will be more difficult to achieve. Newer accounts may be *possible*, but you may need to shift CLs. Typically, their portfolio/lending team reviews all exposure inclusive of DSNB, private label and their legacy cards.

Add all of your Citi CLs (legacy + retail + DSNB), and depending where that is, it's likely anything over may require POI.
Message 43 of 50
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS to you!!! Macy's is pretty awesome.  I have the regular Macy's card and currently it's my highest CL at $22,500. Definitely gives me something to look forward to.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 44 of 50
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I forgotten most of the underwriting policies at Citi but back then income had a role to play with your total maximum exposure. If I remember correctly I think it was capped at 75% of your income. I know for CLD the percentage was at 110% unless they’ve amended those guidelines by now. It’s so complex but anyways I’m a happy camper

Message 45 of 50
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

How we made our decision

CITI must be reigning them in.   I'm so thankful you posted the original thread otherwise I might have been stuck with the $1,000 Macy's gas card because that's all I could have used it for.  I'm happy with my 17k.  Yes, I'll never use that either but nice to have for padding when it comes to CLD's.  Recently closed my BofA card which went from 71k>10k>6.5k.  After that, goodbye. 

Sorry to hear about your B of A card 12. I talked to them this morning about getting my APR lowered (in which I was successful), and in the lengthy conversation I had with the loan officer, I got the impression now that they're a lot like what Capital One has become recently---If they're going to issue you a high limit  you better make darn sure to make good use of it--or it will be gone (even though yours was a result of acct. combination). And in B of A's case--especially if you have nmerous other lenders.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 46 of 50
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Again, awesome advice.

31 days it works. Tried it Monday, no go. Tried it yesterday asked for a 1k cli. Granted. I feel like I left money on the table, but I'll wait till next month. 😁😁😁😁👍🏾
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 47 of 50
12njoy
Super Contributor

Mister E,

The train is moving again.  No need to wait an additional 3 months.  I've been trying and trying.  I tried 10k cli and was denied, denied.  I got the null response but what's different is the cli request button actually led to the income information and not just the spinning wheel.  I tried again today and I was told to call in.  Called in and reduced that cli to 6k.  Approved with SP.  Went from 17k to 23k.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 48 of 50
Jnbmom
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for the reminderSmiley Happy

Mine went from 5K to 8KSmiley Happy

Hubby from 405 ( yes 405 lol) to  3K

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 49 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't want to start a new post and noticed this one was in the Top 10 Recent Post in Approvals so I'll just input it here for others (and as a note to myself).

I just got an approval for a $5K CLI to $15K.  This is the fastest growing card in my card portfolio.  I didn't even have to go through the hassle of unfreezing my reports (I actually forgot to and rememberd after I hit submit).  I only asked for $5K more and didn't shoot for the moon as I said I would in the past (I know they counter). 

I'm not sure why I never ask for the world when it comes down to it.  Perhaps it's because I told myself I'd leave this card at $5K.  Shrug.  I guess I'm mildly addicted to SP CLIs.  They're on a self-imposed 60-day schedule at $5K ask intervals until I get it to $25K.  Then I think I'll stop asking.

Increase increments and frequency below.

Approved January 2018 - $1200 SL - $150 Purchase

February - No CLI Requested - No Purchase

March - Increase granted to $5K - $150 Purchase

April - Increase granted to $10K - No Purchase

May - Declined for too many CLI request. - No Purchase

June - No CLI Requested - $200 Purchase

July - Increase granted to $15K - No Purchase

Statment Closed at $0 every month except January.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.