Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Macys CLI

All,

One other one.....does Macy's do CLIs at all? I have been stuck at $100 (lol) for awhile.

Thanks,

Phumanr

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

@phumanr wrote:

All,

One other one.....does Macy's do CLIs at all? I have been stuck at $100 (lol) for awhile.

Thanks,

Phumanr

Yes they do...call them and ask for one. Most likely it will be a soft pull (it was for me). I started at 300 then they auto CLI to 1000 and when i call and requested one back in November it was a SP and it went to 2500. Had the card a little over a year now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 32
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

how long have you had the card?

for me personally it has been soft pull the 2 times i called but its ymmv since i have heard of people getting hard pulls. 

i too started out with 100 limit back in dec 10' and now it sits at 3.5k 

so there is hope!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 32
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@phumanr wrote:

All,

Thanks,

Phumanr

Got my card back in August and I called a few weeks ago for a CLI and I went from $300 to $1000. I called it in and they asked me a few generic questions and the amount I wanted.....Didn't want to be greedy because I knew I didn't have the card long so I went for $1000 and it was approved. I did use the card a few times at most of the limit ($270 at most) and paid it off in chunks. Oh and it was a SP! Did the same thing for my Lowes card too.....$300 to $1000.

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 4 of 32
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

I been stuck at a 100 for over a year, and I have asked in the past and was declined. Today I called for a cli my score had jumped to over 650. I wanted to ask for 1500 but decided not to be greedy and went asked for 800. Almost immediately I got the increase, I'm hoping they will start auto increasing regularly.

There is hope. Good luck everyone.
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 5 of 32
missji
Regular Contributor

They dropped e from $1,000 to $900 about 3 months ago.  This month (yesterday) they auto CLI'd me to $1,500.  Strange breed, that Macy's...

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 32
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

this thread is making us want to call o request the cli, she got card in apil 2012 and has been stuck at 300 CL havent requested any cli yet so maybe once we request it goes up to maybe $1000 like her other two store cards. well try and see whats up

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 32
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Weird, when I got my Macy's store card back in November 2009, the lady told me that it worked like a charge card.  It appeared to be NPSL on my credit reports until a few months ago where it's now magically $100.  Meh...I don't ever shop there anyways, I only got the card because it got me $20 off the coat I wanted at the time.  I didn't even know it was considered credit at the time, lol!  I was just an 18 year old who wanted a discount. XD

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 8 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't know why you wouldn't request... it is a SP. Ask for a LOT! They counter.

I would ask every 3 months.

Went from $1k store to $10,700 in under a year back in 08/09' Know different market too but always had great response with store/visa, later amex and 2 furniture lines.

Message 9 of 32
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Weird, when I got my Macy's store card back in November 2009, the lady told me that it worked like a charge card.  It appeared to be NPSL on my credit reports until a few months ago where it's now magically $100.  Meh...I don't ever shop there anyways, I only got the card because it got me $20 off the coat I wanted at the time.  I didn't even know it was considered credit at the time, lol!  I was just an 18 year old who wanted a discount. XD

i got my macy's back in dec 09' and the store rep told me it worked like that as well. 

i did a online chat and the rep informed me that my limit actually was 100$ im just like my purchase was 88 dollars what can i do with this lol

i used the card maybe twice and a year and a half later i look on my online account for giggles and the autod me to 2k. when i called for a cli the rep said they are only recently starting to report limits. and my new 3.5k limit should report next month

maybe thats what they meant about charge? idk 

this is basically when i started really monitoring my credit and such. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.