Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Store Card - $100 to $6k in 60 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys Store Card - $100 to $6k in 60 days

Hey Everyone! 

The title says it all. Recently got increased from $100 to $3,000 on 8/18/2019  and today I was finally getting around to making my CLI spreadsheet and went digging through the forums about how often to ask for CLI's for my cards. 

Found a few posts (many by the famous AJC) regarding monthly increases being common. Called in, confirmed SP before proceeding and asked for what I thought was a high number that they would certainly counter Boom! Instant approved $6k! (what I asked for, possibly left some on the table). 

I was thinking of trying my luck with bloomingdales when I found out they go hand in hand generally with CLI's. Anyone know if I should call tomorrow or luv button now? I definitely do not want a HP; my bloomingdales is currently sitting at $1300.

14 REPLIES 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys Store Card - $100 to $6k in 60 days

Congrats!

Message 2 of 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM...You...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on the MASSIVE  CLIs on your Macy's Card - That's how it's DONE!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 15
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

That's amazing!

AU

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Everyone! 

The title says it all. Recently got increased from $100 to $3,000 on 8/18/2019  and today I was finally getting around to making my CLI spreadsheet and went digging through the forums about how often to ask for CLI's for my cards. 

Found a few posts (many by the famous AJC) regarding monthly increases being common. Called in, confirmed SP before proceeding and asked for what I thought was a high number that they would certainly counter Boom! Instant approved $6k! (what I asked for, possibly left some on the table). 

I was thinking of trying my luck with bloomingdales when I found out they go hand in hand generally with CLI's. Anyone know if I should call tomorrow or luv button now? I definitely do not want a HP; my bloomingdales is currently sitting at $1300.

Macy's & Blooms are the exact sane as far as increases. As long as it's been 31 days since your last increase you're eligible again. Always a SP via love button.

Message 5 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice! Macys grows like wildfireSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a killer increase, and good luck with the Bloomingdales card!!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! It’s definitely a fast growing card.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Macy's & Blooms are the exact sane as far as increases. As long as it's been 31 days since your last increase you're eligible again. Always a SP via love button.

Thank you so much for the insight! I am pleased to say I was successful with bloomingdales over the phone as well, albeit to a significantly lesser degree. Asked for $7k total limit and was countered at $1800. I am still very happy with the $500 increase. Last increase on this card was auto on 8/8/2019 from $1000->$1300. So +$800 over the last two billing cycles. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the Bloomingdales doesn’t grow as fast as the Macy’s in my experience.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.