Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys Store card - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macys Store card - Update: Approved

Whats my chance for getting approved for a Macys store credit card. My score is around 710 my utilization is 10 precent or less, have a few hard Iinquries though. Thanks.

Mod note:  I have updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UncleB

11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys Store card

Sounds good but Macys, ala DSNB ala Citi can use recent hps/ inqs as excuse for denial. If its worth a hp and dont mind taking the chance, nows as good a time as any with Black Friday around the cornerSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ONline or in store for better odds?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ONline or in store for better odds?

I always think the odds are better in store, however, with your score you'll most likely get approved either way.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be approved because your credit score is considered good.  Macy's credit cards accepts fair to excellent.  The higher the FICO score, of course, the higher your credit Limit will be.  You may have a low credit limit like $500 but it will increase over time (6 months).  If you want to read about your chances of getting approved, you can click on this website.  I have a Macy's card and have excellent credit and they just increased my limit without a hard pull.  Hope this helps.  Just remember to pay your bills on time and watch your credit score rise.  Good job in staying in the good category.  Here is the link.  Hope this helps.  BTW, it is a lot easier to get approved in the store rather than online.  My opinion only.  I did it in the store to get the discount on the purchase I was buying.

Message 5 of 12
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

I think you have good odds. I was approved (in store) for $600. Don't remember my scores at the time, but they weren't anywhere near yours. This year alone I've received multiple SP CLI's. My card sits at $7k now. And I burned Macy's years ago, but paid them back after it went to collections. GL & keep us posted on your approval Smiley Wink
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied online approved !!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting line?

Congrats. My mom has this card and she gets SP CLIs and auto-CLIs regularly. It started at $500 and is now up to $6,000 in a year.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied online approved !!!

Congrats! What's your credit limit?

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Logan! Please update us on your limit. ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.