Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys "line of credit" Approval

tag
dap1984va
New Contributor

Macys "line of credit" Approval

I read a post a day or so ago...concerning Macys. Had to volunteer myself for the "team". If you have the Red Card, it is very very very easy for you to get a line of credit for furniture or jewerly. They are "seperate" lines of credit. I currently have a $2400 Macys CL. I requested an increase, young lady asked why... I stated it was for furniture. She said the furniture line of credit was "easier to get" and the 24months 0 interest. ....asked if it would be a hard pull she said  "by law' she had to inform me if it was a hard pull and it would not be one...(Great Answer) I said sure go for it, and she said Mr. ******* you have been approved for $4600. Honestly, did I need it NO, will I buy the cheapest piece of furniture in the store to keep it YES.  But, it will help my utilization, and it was a soft pull or Macys internal system generated thingy.  So, IF you have a red card and wanted to help the utilization....maybe consider getting a furniture line of credit and buy a lamp.

p.s. I asked for $4,000 was approved for $4,600...Personally, I have never had a company give me MORE than I asked for. Thats just me. Either they have given me what I asked for or below it.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Re: Macys "line of credit" Approval

Congrats! Do you know if this other line of credit (Club Account) will report to the credit bureaus or not?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 2 of 23
dap1984va
New Contributor

I literally just hung up the phone 8 seconds ago. I called to Verify. The guy said it does get reported on the credit report....I asked If I could put other items on the card, he said it is "strickly for furniture" .......Just to give clarification. 

Message 3 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 23
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

That's good to know! I was approved for a $5000 furniture and a $5000 jewelry line of credit. 

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Didn't even know the card had this feature, spilled milk for me since I jettisoned the card over a year ago.

Message 6 of 23
dap1984va
New Contributor

CJ3...Congratulations,  glad that you benefit from the information. That 10k of credit will really look good.

Message 7 of 23
ptilda
Established Contributor

So let me understand... you get the regular store CC & they add the furniture & jewelery lines to the card, which can only be used for those areas, but which increase the overall CL? Or does it report as a separate line?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 8 of 23
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

dap1984va...Thanks!!! I hope they report next week when my statement closes and updates to the credit bureaus

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 9 of 23
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:

I read a post a day or so ago...concerning Macys. Had to volunteer myself for the "team". If you have the Red Card, it is very very very easy for you to get a line of credit for furniture or jewerly. They are "seperate" lines of credit. I currently have a $2400 Macys CL. I requested an increase, young lady asked why... I stated it was for furniture. She said the furniture line of credit was "easier to get" and the 24months 0 interest. ....asked if it would be a hard pull she said  "by law' she had to inform me if it was a hard pull and it would not be one...(Great Answer) I said sure go for it, and she said Mr. ******* you have been approved for $4600. Honestly, did I need it NO, will I buy the cheapest piece of furniture in the store to keep it YES.  But, it will help my utilization, and it was a soft pull or Macys internal system generated thingy.  So, IF you have a red card and wanted to help the utilization....maybe consider getting a furniture line of credit and buy a lamp.

p.s. I asked for $4,000 was approved for $4,600...Personally, I have never had a company give me MORE than I asked for. Thats just me. Either they have given me what I asked for or below it.

CONGRATS ON THE APPROVAL!

Does the Card report to all 3 main Credit Bureaus?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.