cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Rewards Visa-Chase Does Forgive!!!!

tag
OhMyCredit
Valued Member

Re: Marriott Rewards Visa-Chase Does Forgive!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome! I had a charge off with them about 8 years ago and I've tried twice and denied both times.  I app'd for the Marriott yesterday so hopefully I'll have the same results as you! Congrats again!

I tried about a year ago and got the 2-4 week message. I called the backdoor number and the credit analyst denied my app based on the previous charge off. This time I didn't call. I waited to see what would happen.

If it wasn't for the jet lag ( I'm an east coast girl and was on a business trip on the west coast) and the jealousy from knowing my co workers were getting more points than I was with their Marriott CC vs my Corporate Amex, I would have never tried. Good Luck!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Starting Score: EQ 545
Current Score: EQ 694, TU 690, EX 647(Oct 2011), TU08 693
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Marriott Rewards Visa-Chase Does Forgive!!!!

@OhMyCredit wrote:
A few weeks ago I decided to app for the Marriott Rewards Visa because I stay in Marriotts at least six weeks out of the year. I had a charge-off with Chase around 10 years ago that I never paid (I was younger and dumb about my finances) so I wasn't surprised when I didn't get an instant approval. I thought it would be a denial but SURPRISE the card came in the mail today. Those 80k bonus points are a welcomed surprise!

I'll take mail like that everydaySmiley Happy Congrats!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.