Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

Wow.  So back on the 25th, I app'd for the SPG luxury card.

Denied. Letter mentioned Lexis Nexis issues (recent move & public records), and High balances (Experian... as mentioned in other posts, my wife's card, she's maxed it out, darn her).

Waited until TODAY to call in, after I got the LN report in hand so I could have something to talk to them about.  

Spoke with the analyst.  Gave her info on what was up re public records (no idea where they came from - having accountant/lawyer look at them, and explained recent move into family "ancestral" home - ie inherited).  She said she would submit to underwriting.  Said it MIGHT cause another HP.  Since it is two AMEX HPs w/i 30 days, I said fine... from what I've heard, they'll likely get coalesced in scoring models and counted as one.

10 minutes later, same rep called back, asked about the security warning on my credit report, and then said she might be able to approve me without going to underwriting.

60 seconds later, she said I was approved for $3100.  Card will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

SO - Might have cost me a second HP (won't know until I get the alert), but for an initial AMEX revolving credit line, and my first ever PERSONAL amex (have a business platinum) I'll TAKE IT!

CRs Pulled: EX

FICO: First pull: EX 675 

Income: 75k

Baddies: 1 closed/paid collection (VZW, paid the same month it posted), authorized user on a card w/ 2 30-day lates back in early 2015

Util: 80%

AAoA: 3 years

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

Nicely played, GOD. Congratulations! on successfully earning a quite workable CL.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Now I might sit tight for a few months and let things settle out.  Three new cards (two showing on my personal credit report) in short order..... probably time for an installment loan of some sort... after these cards settle in. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and recon!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex SPG Luxury card! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great!
Message 6 of 10
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Nice! A successful AmEx Recon. First I've heard of. CONGRATS! Smiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP on the successful recon - I think it is worth the 2nd HP given your circumstance.  The card benefits easily exceed the cost and with proper behavior, you'll be able to grow that CLI this year.  Enjoy and good luck to you!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your recon approval !!!!

Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.