cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

New Contributor

Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

Wow.  So back on the 25th, I app'd for the SPG luxury card.

Denied. Letter mentioned Lexis Nexis issues (recent move & public records), and High balances (Experian... as mentioned in other posts, my wife's card, she's maxed it out, darn her).

Waited until TODAY to call in, after I got the LN report in hand so I could have something to talk to them about.  

Spoke with the analyst.  Gave her info on what was up re public records (no idea where they came from - having accountant/lawyer look at them, and explained recent move into family "ancestral" home - ie inherited).  She said she would submit to underwriting.  Said it MIGHT cause another HP.  Since it is two AMEX HPs w/i 30 days, I said fine... from what I've heard, they'll likely get coalesced in scoring models and counted as one.

10 minutes later, same rep called back, asked about the security warning on my credit report, and then said she might be able to approve me without going to underwriting.

60 seconds later, she said I was approved for $3100.  Card will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

SO - Might have cost me a second HP (won't know until I get the alert), but for an initial AMEX revolving credit line, and my first ever PERSONAL amex (have a business platinum) I'll TAKE IT!

CRs Pulled: EX

FICO: First pull: EX 675 

Income: 75k

Baddies: 1 closed/paid collection (VZW, paid the same month it posted), authorized user on a card w/ 2 30-day lates back in early 2015

Util: 80%

AAoA: 3 years

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Marriott SPG Amex Luxury Card Approval after Recon - $3100 CL

Nicely played, GOD. Congratulations! on successfully earning a quite workable CL.

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (1/25/2019): FICO 08 EXP: 721; TU: 754; EQ: 744
2019 Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
New Contributor

Thanks!

Now I might sit tight for a few months and let things settle out.  Three new cards (two showing on my personal credit report) in short order..... probably time for an installment loan of some sort... after these cards settle in. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval and recon!
Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Amex SPG Luxury card! Smiley Happy

Currently: Gardening

FICO 8 [01/2016]
FICO 8 [02/2019]
GOAL: FICO 8: 760 across the board by 2/2020!
Message 5 of 10

That is great!
Message 6 of 10
Regular Contributor

Nice! A successful AmEx Recon. First I've heard of. CONGRATS! Smiley Wink

Gardening until JAN 2022

Message 7 of 10
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP on the successful recon - I think it is worth the 2nd HP given your circumstance.  The card benefits easily exceed the cost and with proper behavior, you'll be able to grow that CLI this year.  Enjoy and good luck to you!

Message 8 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your recon approval !!!!

1-2019 / Fico 8 EX 794 , EQ 801 , TR 802
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 9 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 10 of 10