cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel 2k SL, CLI denied...UPDATE: CLI to 6k!

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Marvel 2k SL, CLI denied...UPDATE: CLI to 6k!

Had to call in to verify my identity by reading back a text msg code.  My current scores are in my sig. I was hoping for a fat CLI, given that I went from 900 to 4k in the past couple weeks on my SyncB Walmart store card.  I'll wait for my TU FICO to clear 720 and try another round of CLI requests. 

Got the Capt America shield!

UPDATE: Called CS directly just now to request 25k. I was countered with 6k. Now I can afford popcorn at the movies.

3B profile optimization in progress...
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Marvel approval - 2k SL, CLI denied

weird they denied the CLI request with a TU for 704...  Be curious what reason was as you should get up to 6k-7k with that score for this card

Message 2 of 18
_NERD
Established Contributor

I can't wait to get the letter by mail to find out why my CLI was denied. Hunting around for one last card to app for. Just got an instant approval for AMEX BCE 10k SL before I applied for Marvel.

Any suggestions?  I don't need another card, I just want a high SL card to lower my overall util (currently 20% or less before AMEX & Marvel, I think). 

Message 3 of 18
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on both cards.... Wow!!  nice starting SL on the BCE, you did well by waiting Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@_NERD wrote:

I can't wait to get the letter by mail to find out why my CLI was denied. Hunting around for one last card to app for. Just got an instant approval for AMEX BCE 10k SL before I applied for Marvel.

Any suggestions?  I don't need another card, I just want a high SL card to lower my overall util (currently 20% or less before AMEX & Marvel, I think). 

Call back once you activate card?  Or try again tomorrow?  As long as your TU is unfroozen it should be a SP for a CLI with them.  Not sure why it was declined until you get the letter, but doesn't really stop you from trying again with Syncrony tomorrow or when you receive the card

Hopefully you used this Number to request it?  877-379-8173  credit solutions

Message 5 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Strange. I too am interested in why the denial.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 18
_NERD
Established Contributor

DW was approved for Marvel also, with a 4K SL. She's trying to CLI right now. There seems to be some kind of goof up on their end. Here's some steak for y'all (see photo).

My TU is not frozen. I'll try CS tomorrow at that number CreditCuriousity kicked down to me. 

2016-05-11_13.57.51.jpg

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

weird they denied the CLI request with a TU for 704...  Be curious what reason was as you should get up to 6k-7k with that score for this card

I'm going to assume the denial will either be for "not enough experience at current limit" or "no comparable revolving limit."

Congrats on your approval NERD!! Wait until your new 10k Amex limit reports to the bureaus and try again for the Marvel increase.

Message 8 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I'm going to assume the denial will either be for "not enough experience at current limit" or "no comparable revolving limit."

Congrats on your approval NERD!! Wait until your new 10k Amex limit reports to the bureaus and try again for the Marvel increase.

I agree with the "not enough experience" message.  I've seen this a time or 2 with Sync.  I recieved this message when I tried for a CLI on my Sam's MC on day of approval.  After I received and activated the card...called right up and asked for $13.5k and it was approved without issue.  Sometimes you just have to wait for the card. 

Message 9 of 18
_NERD
Established Contributor

Wife's 25k CLI request on her new Marvel was countered to 10k. That's better than 4k, so we'll take it.

Today was a good day. Almost 30k in available credit added to our household over the last two weeks, up from 13k. And we have about 2600 balance on the furniture account. Everything else is PIF. Any drop in score from the HPs and new accounts should be offset by the score increases from lowered util.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.