Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

Applied for Marvel CC, instant approval! I chose Spider Man! It's fitting for two reasons, 

1- I own a pest control company and I kill spiders for a living! Awkward!! Lol

2- My teen daughter (16) thinks Spider Man is the coolest super hero ever!  I'll probably make her an AU, to help her out with her credit journey. 

My question... They ( Synch) didn't give me a SL.  Is this typical for the Marvel card?? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

Congrats on your Marvel approval G&WM! Spider Man design is awesome! Good call on adding your teenage daughter as an AU! I've seen a few posts that Synch in fact sometimes does not give you your SCL..sorry I can't be of more help! 😊
Message 2 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your Marvel approval G&WM! Spider Man design is awesome! Good call on adding your teenage daughter as an AU! I've seen a few posts that Synch in fact sometimes does not give you your SCL..sorry I can't be of more help! 😊

No worries GI JANE, I guess we'll just have to wait it out until I get the thing in the mail. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got'ta love the card ... maybe you can use the edge of it and kill some spiders Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Do you know what report they pulled? What your scores are?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go GrillSmiley Happy. If you hold out your hands palms up ,making sure to place cc above left wrist, the new Marvel Spidy card integrates with your body and allows you to shoot spiderwebsSmiley Happy. Its simply AmazingSmiley Happy jk, or am I?

Normal on no cl but you might try CS to see if you can get increase or tell them youd like to know your limit,use social.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! You may see the SL much sooner than getting the card. Mine started reporting two days after approval and a week before I received my card

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get a cl either on mine. So I just called the number from the site and asked the cl. Didn't like the 4000 they approved me for and while I was on the phone had them send me to cs. Asked for 15000 and was given 10000.
Because of high Apr I rarely use the card though. Just small purchases that I can easily pay off each month.
Good luck,hope you got a whopper of a limit.🙄
Message 8 of 12
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

You go Grill,

With a Spidey card comes great responsibilities in credit.....

This is the card I chose and I asked family members which ones they would choose and they told me Ironman.  I get the card and they now think I made the right choice, I guess the design sticks with them......

It is a great looking card.

They won't tell you the starting limit on the approval, you can wait or call.  They also do a temporary limit, so make sure if you call you asked the question a second time.....  They will tell you the starting limit some times and then you find when you activate the card the limit goes up, but they can tell you.  They seem to have a few set starting limits $500, $1000, $2000, $4000, $10,000, $15,000 as an average from what I have seen reported so far.  If you don't like the limit given you can always call credit solutions and ask for an increase.  Make sure you get credit solutions and not a supervisor or underwriting.  Underwriting/credit department seems more limited in giving increases and credit solutions seems to have more authority to bend.  More often than not credit solutions will be from India or other foreign call center, if you are talking to someone in the US then you have less chance of change.  (Odd, we are all used to the reverse being the case, but this is a situation where it does seem to be different.)  If you don't pay interest because you PIF this is a great looking card to have in your wallet.  If you don't carry a balance that builds then the starting limit shouldn't matter as long as you use it a lot and it will increase over time.  Sychrony likes you to use your cards often for giving limit increases.  

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on snagging the Marvel card even tho you chose the wrong design ;p

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.