Did you mean: 

Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

@TiggerDat wrote:

You go Grill,

With a Spidey card comes great responsibilities in credit.....

This is the card I chose and I asked family members which ones they would choose and they told me Ironman.  I get the card and they now think I made the right choice, I guess the design sticks with them......

It is a great looking card.

They won't tell you the starting limit on the approval, you can wait or call.  They also do a temporary limit, so make sure if you call you asked the question a second time.....  They will tell you the starting limit some times and then you find when you activate the card the limit goes up, but they can tell you.  They seem to have a few set starting limits $500, $1000, $2000, $4000, $10,000, $15,000 as an average from what I have seen reported so far.  If you don't like the limit given you can always call credit solutions and ask for an increase.  Make sure you get credit solutions and not a supervisor or underwriting.  Underwriting/credit department seems more limited in giving increases and credit solutions seems to have more authority to bend.  More often than not credit solutions will be from India or other foreign call center, if you are talking to someone in the US then you have less chance of change.  (Odd, we are all used to the reverse being the case, but this is a situation where it does seem to be different.)  If you don't pay interest because you PIF this is a great looking card to have in your wallet.  If you don't carry a balance that builds then the starting limit shouldn't matter as long as you use it a lot and it will increase over time.  Sychrony likes you to use your cards often for giving limit increases.  

Excellent data points Tigger! I never realized there was so much mystery behind the Marvel card. I'm definitely going to enjoy this card. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Approved- Spider Man!

@Meanmchine wrote:

Congrats on snagging the Marvel card even tho you chose the wrong design ;p

I didn't choose it. My daughter chose it. I would have probably gone with Iron Man or Capt America. Which design would have been your choice? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.