Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel Approved

Had a balance transfer about to hit one of my files so I decided to app for the Marvel Card instead of waiting the 3-4 months for my renovations/refinance to roll the balances into my mortgage. Got the "You will recieve a letter within 30 days message" called credit solutions and found out my application was pending review.

Put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back with a welcome to the Marvel Family. You have been approved for $1,500. Smiley Mad $1,500... I asked if there was a way to reconsider the credit line as it is substantially lower than anything else I have out there. She said I had to wait until I receive the card and then I will be able to have the line reviewed at activation. I guess I am happy that I am now got 1 of my 3 cards on my wish list for this year, but $1,500... jeez.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Approved

Congrats on the approval Sorry for the SL

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! We all love big approvals! If it makes you feel better mine started at $2,000 in late July and it is now $8,000.... As I would say to myself they could have just denied you, you have got to be happy with what you got, Dep. Best wishes
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for 1k but when it reported (it reported before I received the card), it was actually 4K. 

If your amount is actually 1.5k, I wouldn't worry to much, the card can grow quickly. 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What i would like to know is which design did you choose?
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I chose the one with all the charactures. Also by chance can you confirm if your CLI's have been hard pulls or soft pulls?

Message 6 of 21
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

It looks like this is your first card with Synchrony. Generally they do approve low for a lot of their cards. But with your TU score (which is close to what mine was for a long time) you MIGHT be able to get your limit up to $3500 once you receive and activate the card--and I'm saying this from experience with Synchrony. Good luck.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Sean on your approval. The clis will be sp and 2 trains of thought, once you get card call cs and ask for a cli, if they dont approve on the first try like when this card came out it seems the new standard is to let 1 statemebt cut and then recall and they should spprove it. I started out with $1500 but got it to $6 k with a call to Cs now at 8k. Remember with Synchrony you can go to bed a pauper and wake up being a princeSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Care Credit count as a SYNC account? If so then I have been with them for 14 ish months. But I am happy that they are soft pulls. Most of my spending is dining out so I like that feature and TBH I really only wanted it because I am a huge marvel fan.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

how high a limit can the marvel card get? i dont recall seeing anyone over 8,000...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.