cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel ! In with the new out with the old!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Marvel ! In with the new out with the old!

The new:

Being in Garden , decided to celebrate my recent TU 737 accomplishment by trying for my goal of getting my Marvel cc to 10k. Called in , unfroze my report jic, asked for 12k to match my highest, JcPenny, and much faster than the last time, was approved for whole 12kSmiley Happy

The Old:

Wanted to wait til August to close my Sunglass Hut but figured might as well do it today. Sure, could have kept it open no af no harm, just with it being my lowest cl at $800 with like a 30% apr, cant use it on their own website, just became an eyesore to me and just one less Sync account to deal withSmiley Wink

I love ANY GIVEN SYNC SUNDAYSmiley Happy
22 REPLIES 22
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel ! In with the new out with the old!

Congrats AJC!! $12K is a whole lot of Dining & Entertainment moolah for ya!
By the way, which design do you have? I have the black one with the superheroes insignia on it.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
The new:

Being in Garden , decided to celebrate my recent TU 737 accomplishment by trying for my goal of getting my Marvel cc to 10k. Called in , unfroze my report jic, asked for 12k to match my highest, JcPenny, and much faster than the last time, was approved for whole 12kSmiley Happy

The Old:

Wanted to wait til August to close my Sunglass Hut but figured might as well do it today. Sure, could have kept it open no af no harm, just with it being my lowest cl at $800 with like a 30% apr, cant use it on their own website, just became an eyesore to me and just one less Sync account to deal withSmiley Wink

Congrats on the CLI.  Very nice.  I'm curious about the highlighted statement.  What do you mean?  You can't use Sunglass Hut credit card on sunglasshut.com?  That's ridiculous.

Message 3 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks JR . Yeah, 12 k is fine by me . I know alot say shoot for the moon, but i just dont want to push too hard considering my overall exposure with Sync. I was actually only going to ask 10 but said what the heck shoot for 12 hoping for counter to 10. Previous at 8kSmiley Wink

I got the Avengers but want to get another design , probably Iron Man as i love his humorSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Irish.

Yes this is correct. Now granted, i havent or hadnt tried for awhile, but when i went to use it on sunglasshut.com it would not accept my card and i actually called to inquire about it and was told that they no longer accept that card on the website. I was completely dumbfounded. I wanted to cancel on the spot but decided against it.

Maybe someone with this card can dispute this now as maybe it didnt work for me but dont know why the csr would state it nor the website not allow. Heck i havent used this since a $20 purchase in Feb 2016, lol, so they hadnt closed it themselves and i probably could have kept on with it but in this case wasnt worth it.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Irish.

Yes this is correct. Now granted, i havent or hadnt tried for awhile, but when i went to use it on sunglasshut.com it would not accept my card and i actually called to inquire about it and was told that they no longer accept that card on the website. I was completely dumbfounded. I wanted to cancel on the spot but decided against it.

Maybe someone with this card can dispute this now as maybe it didnt work for me but dont know why the csr would state it nor the website not allow. Heck i havent used this since a $20 purchase in Feb 2016, lol, so they hadnt closed it themselves and i probably could have kept on with it but in this case wasnt worth it.

Congrats again, Joe! Smiley Very Happy

Gander Mtn is the same way. Store card has to be used in store. Unfortunately, DH and I didn't read the fine print before he apped. Now he has a store-only card where the closest store is over 1200 miles away. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Bella, that is just beyond me why they would create a credit card with their name on it and cant use it online Smiley Wink. Lessons learned the hardwaySmiley Wink
Message 7 of 23
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats AJC!
Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks GmoodSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The new:

The Old:

Smart move to eliminate those low limit cards. Lenders  sometime see no incentive to award nice/bigger start lines when they see you toting around low limit cards. You will want to improve on the overall average of ALL cards.

Seems to help with boosting scores too. I broke away from them and things really took off.

Congratulations on Marvel Approval!!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.