Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel MC

@Anonymous wrote:

Apped and approved 2 days ago - but I just got a few alerts that 1) They double pulled TU today and 2) The account has already reported to EX. Has anyone else had Sync/Marvel pull another bureau, and already report the account to a CRA? I've never seen an account report so quickly. 

Congrats on the approval!! 

Would you be willing to share with us your stats for data points? like... SL (also did you make sure to call and ask for 25k CLI or more?), scores at the time, number of inquires etc?

Message 11 of 26
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Has anybody received their card yet?

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 689 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Was half-expecting to see it today.
Message 13 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

Ok i leave fico for a little while and come back and see this card trending. Hmm. Anything special guys? high limits? on fire things? Congrats op.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

Ok i leave fico for a little while and come back and see this card trending. Hmm. Anything special guys? high limits? on fire things? Congrats op.

Anything special? Besides the killer card design? Smiley Very Happy SL was low - but decent after recon. 3% cash back on dining is a nice perk, really the only reason I picked it up....besides the Captain America shield. 

Message 15 of 26
amthystwlf
New Contributor

I chose Cap's shield too..Got mine for the 3% on entertainment - guaranteed to have usage 2-3 times per year going to see the latest Marvel movie

I don't travel so many rewards cards are useless for me.

Scores on 4/182016
Mortgage - EQ 694 EX 713 TU 706
FICO - EQ 654 EX 696 TU 691
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same card I chose amthy... and I was thinking that my first purchase on it would be tickets for Captain America Civil War if it's here by then...Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 26
amthystwlf
New Contributor

yep, break it in the right way Cat LOL

Scores on 4/182016
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amthystwlf wrote:

I chose Cap's shield too..Got mine for the 3% on entertainment - guaranteed to have usage 2-3 times per year going to see the latest Marvel movie

I don't travel so many rewards cards are useless for me.

Don't take this rude, but did you seriously apply for a card you'd use up to 3x a year? That's odd..

Message 19 of 26
amthystwlf
New Contributor

Original post was probably a bit confusing. I will use the card way more than 3X per year.  After I get my house, I will be getting Netflix which will be a monthly charge and since it's entertainment, will get the 3% discount. In addition, I do go out to eat a few time per year and I go to more than just Marvel movies. 

Ultimately, I got it because it rewards me for a category I will use frequently. I shop bookstores a lot, my adult sons go to Gamestop, we go to movies almost every month. As an example, my oldest son was going to buy a new game at GameStop. I used my card, he gave me the cash, I pushed the payment. Any time we are together and he wants to spend money in the "entertainment & dining" category, if he has the cash on hand - I will use the card and he can give me the cash to push payments. So this card will get monthly use, low utilization and PIF. All great for my scores. And eventually, I will have small credits built up each month from the cash back on purchases, so a couple extra dollars in my pockets.

Side note - was very cool to have people in line behind me at the theater ask where I got my "very cool" Cap shield card. First use was Civil War. Told everyone about it now being available on Marvel.com. Had a person I used to consider a close friend & now just an aquaintence throw a hissy fit when they got denied the card. Told him plain and simple, you have to use credit wisely, not spend like crazy just because you have the card.

My cards all stay in my fire safe, except when I plan to use them. Easy way to curb impulse spending and by keeping mine locked up, I'm hoping my 2 adult sons get the same message. I'm on track to become a homeowner so impulse spending is not a problem because I am not straying from my goal.

Scores on 4/182016
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.