Did you mean: 

Marvel Mastercard [Synchrony] [5/17 Update]

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Marvel Mastercard [Synchrony]

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone have any advice before I call credit solutions to increase the CL? I've never called them.

its an easy call. will ask to verify your mailing address and/or phone number and social/date of birth that type of thing. Then they will ask for your net annual income after reading an income disclosure. Ask for a limit higher than you actually want. For example I asked for a $10k this morning knowing I wanted $6k and they gave me $6k. 3-5 minutes tops and its a SP.

+1

This is exactly how my call went.  Interestingly they transfer me to "Marvel underwriting" at the very begining of the call.  I've never had them do that before but as soon as I was transfered it followed the script.  Verify address and phone number, income disclosure, how much do want, etc...

I asked them to match my PayPal Extras at 10k and they countered with 6k.  Seems like 6k is the default starting limit for this one.

Message 61 of 309
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone have any advice before I call credit solutions to increase the CL? I've never called them.

its an easy call. will ask to verify your mailing address and/or phone number and social/date of birth that type of thing. Then they will ask for your net annual income after reading an income disclosure. Ask for a limit higher than you actually want. For example I asked for a $10k this morning knowing I wanted $6k and they gave me $6k. 3-5 minutes tops and its a SP.

+1

This is exactly how my call went.  Interestingly they transfer me to "Marvel underwriting" at the very begining of the call.  I've never had them do that before but as soon as I was transfered it followed the script.  Verify address and phone number, income disclosure, how much do want, etc...

I asked them to match my PayPal Extras at 10k and they countered with 6k.  Seems like 6k is the default starting limit for this one.

Congrats! I see you chose the Spiderman design, I was torn between that one and the heroes design.

Message 62 of 309
cship10
Regular Contributor

I apped this morning. The other half is going to FREAK! Loves Marvel commics and LOVES going to Universal Studio's in FL every year. Was instantly approved for 3k, called CS and was upped to 7k. Just got the sams club card over the weekend when I joined them. Approved for 6k and called and got it bumped to 12k. 

Pretty cool card actually and not bad interest rate at the 15% interest. Can't wait for it to come and the other half was added as an AU and will put that in their birthday card :-p 

BK discharged 10/7/2014
Current Scores MyFico TU: 753 EQ: 773 EX: 668
Cards: NFCU CashRewards 48000 | NFCU Flagship 32000| Huntington Voice 18,000 | Citi AA 33,000 |BB&T 4500 | Cap1 V 33500 | Sony 7000 | TVA Employee CU 10,000 | WF Propel 15000 | Sync BananaR Visa 10,000 | DCU Visa 15000 | Overstock 11800 | Sync Lowes 25000 | Sync AE 7000 | Sync Amazon 10,000 | Sync Belk 10000 | NFCU CLOC 15,000 | Citi Costco 9,700 | First Bank 8000 | Bestbuy Visa 10,000 | HomeDepot 5000 | BBVA CP 10000 | Macy's Store 11,300 |
Installments WF Mortgage $257k | Y-12 FCU HELOC 16,000 | Mercedes-Benz Lease | Mercedes-Benz Lease | DCU Auto Loan

AAoA 3 yrs 7 M
TONS of Inquires :-p
Message 63 of 309
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, again, to the members of this forum! My CL was just bumped to $7k! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 309
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Did someone mention this was a SP? I would suspect it would be a HP, correct?

Cas...

Message 65 of 309
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

3% Back — For every dollar in eligible net purchases (merchandise purchased minus returns and adjustments) ("Purchases"), rounded to the nearest hundredth, charged to your Card for Purchases of dining, select entertainment and for Marvel Online and Convention Purchases. Select entertainment categories include Movie Theatres, Video Rental and Game Stores, Theatrical and Concert Promoters, Amusement Parks, Digital Entertainment, Games and Software, Music, Books and Newsstands, Toys and Hobby Stores.

This is really tempting!

I just don't think SYNCB likes me much, my Walmart CL its only $1200 :\

Thanks for that!  Didn't I read somewhere that Amazon reports as a Bookstand???

Pulled the trigger and got $1500 SL, called credit solutions as it was recommended and got 5K CLI.

Hope they add  HULK too Smiley Happy

Message 66 of 309
Anonymous
Not applicable

@castor4072 wrote:

Cas...

SP Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 309
someg33k
Established Contributor

@castor4072 wrote:

Cas...

SP for CLI , HP for the initial app.

Message 68 of 309
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

3% Back — For every dollar in eligible net purchases (merchandise purchased minus returns and adjustments) ("Purchases"), rounded to the nearest hundredth, charged to your Card for Purchases of dining, select entertainment and for Marvel Online and Convention Purchases. Select entertainment categories include Movie Theatres, Video Rental and Game Stores, Theatrical and Concert Promoters, Amusement Parks, Digital Entertainment, Games and Software, Music, Books and Newsstands, Toys and Hobby Stores.

This is really tempting!

I just don't think SYNCB likes me much, my Walmart CL its only $1200 :\

Thanks for that!  Didn't I read somewhere that Amazon reports as a Bookstand???

Pulled the trigger and got $1500 SL, called credit solutions as it was recommended and got 5K CLI.

Hope they add  HULK too Smiley Happy

+1 LoL

Message 69 of 309
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

I chose the Marvel Heroes design. The Iron Man one looked great as well. 

Since Synchrony cards are so easy to get approved for in my case; I decided to apply. I got approved with a $1500 limit which is pretty typical of Synchrony for me. I either get $1250 or $1500 starting limits. On store cards I'm usually able to get them bumped to $5000 as soon as I ask for a CLI. I have Walmart and Stash at $8000 and a Lowes at $17000 for data point. I'm not sure what they'll give me once I ask for a CLI but it will probably be $5000 to $8000. I will wait until I receive the card in the mail before I go for a CLI.

Thanks for bringing this card up. The 3% is nice. But the fact you can have a high limit with Synchrony and it's a MasterCard which can be used everywhere is even better. Seems like a good card for padding utilization and it's something I can just use once every 6 months somewhere.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 70 of 309
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.