Message 22 of 34
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I don't understand why Sync won't issue higher than $2K on this card right off the bat but it should grow pretty quickly. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous 

What is Sync's rules for when and how often I can ask for CLI.

@MakingProgressthey don't really have solid rules but generally on major revolvers they won't actually approve one for 6 months. Sometimes you can call Credit Solutions right away and get a CLI but more often than not that's been shot down lately with the Marvel. It's worth trying though. Just call and ask for $10K or $25K. 

@Anonymous 

I called credit solutions, but no soup for me.   On that call the Representative said my CL was $500.   That would make the card worthless to me.   I am hoping that is just because I had to do some identity verification yesterday and it is just temporary until I get my card.  $2K makes the card workable, $500 does not. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 23 of 34
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congrats 🎈🎉🎊🍾🥳
Nice way to avoid the nerf !😤
🦇🦇🦇🥊💥🥊💥🥊💥✅✅✅
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 34
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@VanderSnoot wrote:

Congrats on the new TL!

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Did you pick a special person for your card?!   Smiley Very Happy

^^^ Asking the important questions Smiley Very Happy Who'd you choose?

Captian America's Shield

I can live with that XD   

Message 25 of 34
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

*High Fives* lol

Message 26 of 34
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

I called credit solutions, but no soup for me.   On that call the Representative said my CL was $500.   That would make the card worthless to me.   I am hoping that is just because I had to do some identity verification yesterday and it is just temporary until I get my card.  $2K makes the card workable, $500 does not. 

I remember when Synch issued my WalmartMC the sl was 2.3k but until I got my card in hand the limit was $500.  I was concerned too and looked around online and saw others were questioning the same as well. Some ppl reassured that the limit would go up once card was in hand and registered online.  So hopefully that's the same situation for you.  

You can always call back and ask if the $500 is a temporary limit until you get the card.  If not ask for credit solutions again and tell them you dropped the other card for this card and plan on it being your daily driver.

Also, do you still have the email or took a screenshot of the approval with the sl?  If so, just hang on to it....might mention the sl in your phone convo if you do decide to call back.

Either way, Congrats and hopefully it will grow quickly.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 27 of 34
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

I'm disheartened with the nerfing of the Uber as well.  I would have been okay if they just altered the %, but they had to screw it up by removing the cashback/giftcard option and making it Uber Cash only.

Haven't looked for a new alternative just yet, but working with what we currently have.  I noticed you also have the USB Cash+.  If you have a bonus category available, then you might consider making the FAST FOOD group a 5% and make the RESTAURANT group as the 2% (so that you don't have to juggle which card to use for anything eating-out).  You do have to watch out for the $2k max per quarter, though.

Another option would be the Discover Chrome with a 2% match at restaurants, which doubles for the first year.  After the first year, it basically becomes useless since you have a 2% everything card already.

Message 28 of 34
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

I'm disheartened with the nerfing of the Uber as well.  I would have been okay if they just altered the %, but they had to screw it up by removing the cashback/giftcard option and making it Uber Cash only.

Haven't looked for a new alternative just yet, but working with what we currently have.  I noticed you also have the USB Cash+.  If you have a bonus category available, then you might consider making the FAST FOOD group a 5% and make the RESTAURANT group as the 2% (so that you don't have to juggle which card to use for anything eating-out).  You do have to watch out for the $2k max per quarter, though.

Another option would be the Discover Chrome with a 2% match at restaurants, which doubles for the first year.  After the first year, it basically becomes useless since you have a 2% everything card already.

I thought about the Cash + options, but I use more Restaurant than fast food, and don't want to waste a 5% catagory on  fast food.  I do get 5% one quarter a year on Discover for dining.   I can get 2% back on dining with Amazon Prime Visa, or Citi DC.   In the future I will look for another catagory card that will offer 5% on dining for an additional quarter.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 29 of 34
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@VanderSnoot wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Did you pick a special person for your card?!   Smiley Very Happy

^^^ Asking the important questions Smiley Very Happy Who'd you choose?

Captain America's Shield

Noice!

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.