cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel (Sync Bank) Approval with weirdness, and a question....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel (Sync Bank) Approval with weirdness, and a question....

I wanted a Mastercard to break up the Visa monopoly have (I have four Visas), plus something with higher cash back return on things I spend my money on a lot (eating out at a lot of food places, video games, online gaming stuff, entertainment, etc.).  Always wanted to get a Marvel but with all the horror stories from Sync Bank i was like hold on a sec (vefi income, fraud, etc.).  

About four months ago I applyed and gotten the following cards:

Amex BCE: $20k
Blispay: $7.5k
Chase FU: $9k

Inquires: 8 EX  1 TU (that included Marvel)  4 EQ 

FICO from EX is 789 before pull yesterday Citi Double Cash pull.  Vantagescore for TU is 787 and 800 EQ. Yesterday I applied for Citi Double Cash and that was a no go (most likely too many recent inquires and new accounts, can't blame them).  

Since there is no redemption limitt with Chase FU (and I'm not planning to get any other Chase cards in the future), I feel I could use another Cash Back card in my lineup (with what I get 3% on Marvel, I normally spend $500+ a month).  All the curent spending that I will get on the 3% on the Marvel was going to the Chase: FU.  The Blispay is only for interest free financing $199+ purchaes (the main reason why I'm using this card, the 0% promo period for Amex and Chase will end one day).  Amex for supermarkets, gas, Amex offers, and stuff I want to have the purchase protection and warrenty extension on (tech stuff). 

Here is the weird thing,  when I got approved for the Mavel (after a 10 seconds after submitting my app), it told me I was approved for a whopping 1k.  I called Credit Solutions and see if they can bump me to $15k request.  After being on hold, the rep told me I was actually approved for $16k from the start, but they put the SL at 1k for security concerns, since I didn't get my card yet. She stated after 11/8, I will have access to my full limit.  She ask if I want the full limit now, I was like no i can wait until 11/8 no rush.  

So I was wondering if this happen to others before?  Oh yeah, I went with Iron Man. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Marvel (Sync Bank) Approval with weirdness, and a question....

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted a Mastercard to break up the Visa monopoly have (I have four Visas), plus something with higher cash back return on things I spend my money on a lot (eating out at a lot of food places, video games, online gaming stuff, entertainment, etc.).  Always wanted to get a Marvel but with all the horror stories from Sync Bank i was like hold on a sec (vefi income, fraud, etc.).  

About four months ago I applyed and gotten the following cards:

Amex BCE: $20k
Blispay: $7.5k
Chase FU: $9k

Inquires: 8 EX  1 TU (that included Marvel)  4 EQ 

FICO from EX is 789 before pull yesterday Citi Double Cash pull.  Vantagescore for TU is 787 and 800 EQ. Yesterday I applied for Citi Double Cash and that was a no go (most likely too many recent inquires and new accounts, can't blame them).  

Since there is no redemption limitt with Chase FU (and I'm not planning to get any other Chase cards in the future), I feel I could use another Cash Back card in my lineup (with what I get 3% on Marvel, I normally spend $500+ a month).  All the curent spending that I will get on the 3% on the Marvel was going to the Chase: FU.  The Blispay is only for interest free financing $199+ purchaes (the main reason why I'm using this card, the 0% promo period for Amex and Chase will end one day).  Amex for supermarkets, gas, Amex offers, and stuff I want to have the purchase protection and warrenty extension on (tech stuff). 

Here is the weird thing,  when I got approved for the Mavel (after a 10 seconds after submitting my app), it told me I was approved for a whopping 1k.  I called Credit Solutions and see if they can bump me to $15k request.  After being on hold, the rep told me I was actually approved for $16k from the start, but they put the SL at 1k for security concerns, since I didn't get my card yet. She stated after 11/8, I will have access to my full limit.  She ask if I want the full limit now, I was like no i can wait until 11/8 no rush.  

So I was wondering if this happen to others before?  Oh yeah, I went with Iron Man. 

It took you so long to get to the point. Why Iron Man? Everyone knows Spider Man is the best. Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

That is normal on that card

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL.  Not into Marvel, but Iron Man is the only Marvel movie that I watched in the past. 

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow! Thats an amazing sl. Id imagine you can get it to 25k or more . With Sync changing abit recently, if they dont give it when you get card, you can call again after 1st statement cut. Ive read of a few where this was the case. Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I am keeping the SL.  After the 4096-T business and other stuff,  my goal was just have the card with $10k, but I'll take $16k.  I don't like to push my luck since my income is only $41k. 

@fltireguy wrote:

That is normal on that card

Regarding them giving you the full limit down the road? 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and no! 

Yes I got the trick of 1k SL. 

But I didn't get the treat of a 16k real SL 😂 My treat was much less, like a small cookie. They gave you a big cake lol! 

Congrats op! 

Message 7 of 10
805orbust
Valued Contributor

+1.  The limit was 1k until I activated the card. Then the true limit kicked in.  The only way I even knew the true limit was because the account reported the DAY AFTER I was approved... strange...  Iron Man of course.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comments, and also the 1k temp limit as well!
Message 9 of 10
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Sync did the same thing with my ebates visa.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.