Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Auto CLI Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Massive Auto CLI Discover

You have received a "mind blowing" auto CLI! Few lenders go anywhere near this high on auto ... nice increase!
Message 11 of 20
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto cli! Nice!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, that's a great auto-CLI with Discover no doubt.  During your time with Discover did you ever request a CLI yourself?  If so, were you ever approved for one?

I'm surprised that Austinguy907 didn't mention this yet, but after receiving an auto-CLI many times if the card holder hits the button again online with Discover they receive another CLI instantly.  Many times also, this additional increase can be quite similar to the amount you just received.  If you're comfortable doing it for datapoint purposes, go ahead an hit the CLI request button on there.  If they haven't yet updated and "seen" your $15k auto-bump, you could very well get another CLI instantly.  Imagine if you went from $3k to $33k in the span of a week or so!  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, portlandpdx503! Congratulations on the epic CLI!!!! (Bowing down) "We are not worthy!"
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoooooo!!

Even though I'll charge 50% of my CL with my low cards, I'll make sure it's paid to 0 before the statement cuts.

Youve got me seriously rethinking my strategy! Well done! 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! To BrutalBodyShots- yes I did ask for a CLI twice and denied both times the last being in October 2016 and then before that in May. I just recently in December opened 3 new cards after a year of gardening and transferred balances to all 3 of those cards. I may try to hit the love button but I am afraid they will take away what they gave me Smiley Happy when I first started out and had horrible credit I had my wife add me to her accounts because she had great credit. It almost instantly boosted my score and after 6 months I was able to get cards on my own. When her balances got high I had her remove me. After doing research I too never went above 30% utilization and made multiple payments before the statement cut and then when I got my Discover card they offered the 0% intro and I was in a position where I needed to do a BT to the card and couldn't afford to pay more. The high utilization hurt my score a little that's why I tried to get the limit increased twice but it was a no go and the reasons they listed seemed generic and I stopped worrying about it. It's just weird that my wife and I use the Discover card exactly the same and she has never received an increase. The only difference I can think of is I am a part of a credit monitoring website and I am older. If I do bite the bullet and hit the luv button I will report back on the outcome.
Message 16 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you all for the congrats. I have always studied forums like this, such a great tool. A couple years ago my credit was horrible, and I mean horrible. I couldn't even get a Walmart card. I always thought maxing your card out with BT's was a no no but had to take advantage of them unfortunately. My wife has had her Discover card for 3 years and has utilized the BT offers twice and then before they end making a huge payment but her limit has never increased. Discover is an odd bird, they are the last company I expected to get a CLI from and my mind is searching for the reason. I'm sure I will never know why but hopefully this will help someone who wants to take or needs to take advantage of a BT offer but is scared to max out their card. This is a great forum and such a great resource

I'm thinking they didn't mind the high util on their card since they like to be the #1 in your wallet within reason when it comes to balances.  You managed to generate activity every month by sustaining the balance and making payments on it.  As for the CLI it would seem you never asked for one during the same time frame and the 15K is what was queued up during the same time.  It's pleasant to see this sort of a bump though when it comes to paying it off and letting it report.  I'm sure your TU score took a big leap as well once things were paid off.  I'm left wondering though if anything else changed in your profile during that first year or so that would have been a factor in such a leap as well.  

I can attest to high utilization on discover not swaying them if they are the card that has the high utilization....(They want to be a daily driver or have the high balance it seems) 

You still can get CLIs on a Disco card with high utilization...  

I was getting a little higher on mine than I would have liked. and I got an AUTO cli..... but realize I had small and 0% on other cards and have been paying them sizable chunks of that current CL... 

Realize I was coming from a thinnish/no credit vs... a little more aged and experienced credit with some dings...

Seemed to be paying it off fast enough for their liking... and look at where my CLI is now....(theres enough threads about my ride on the Discover Bullet Train)

Yes I also think paying off big chunks sits very well with them...

-J

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I decided to hit the luv button- ya'll got me curious and they offered me another $2,000 increase so that brings me to $20,000. Thanks for the info, I thought I would have to wait 6 months to request a CLI since they just gave me one. I read on here that if you request an increase online that they usually only bump it up a thousand or two at max but read that someone requested an increase and they gave 5k. I know auto increases are all over the place but curious if the 1-2 thousand is true for consumer initiated CLI?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 19 of 20
Express
Frequent Contributor

Sweet! Increase!
CL $408,200
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.