Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CLI from Chase ($50K)

tag
TheRedHat
Established Contributor

Re: Massive CLI from Chase ($50K)

Congrats, however, do be cautious. That kind of limit increase isn't normal even for someone with a "perfect" credit report and score.

Last update: 4/8/2024
Chopping Block:

Goal Cards
Message 11 of 48
hellohum
Valued Member

Wow that is insane!! Congrats!! 

TU: 702 EQ: 698 EX: 678
Apple $3000 / Citi Doublecash $3000 / Capital One QuicksilverOne $2350 / Nordstrom Visa $2200 / Discover It $2000 / Amazon Prime Visa $1500 // Macy’s $5300 / Saks $2500 / Target $1500 / Ulta $1500 / Kohls $1500 / Victoria’s Secret $1500 / Sephora $1000 / Meijer $900 / Walmart $600 / TJX $200
Message 12 of 48
Yacatisma
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

This is so not Chase I'm wondering if they have a bug. Deny people for being one card over 5/24 yet hand out 43k and 50k on cards that limits not even close. I hope these stick but  this is beyond even their huge Amazon limits they were granting recently. Grats though. 

To give some data points, I have an Apple Card and Disco too but Chase is the only bank that I have a relationship with and they have my DD account as well.

I make $100K year and also have a savings account of around 30K.

Even if they revoke it, it doesn't really matter for me since I don't go above %2-3 uti.

Credit History 3.5 Year

Message 13 of 48
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your amazing Chase CLI!!

Message 14 of 48
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

This is so not Chase I'm wondering if they have a bug. Deny people for being one card over 5/24 yet hand out 43k and 50k on cards that limits not even close. I hope these stick but  this is beyond even their huge Amazon limits they were granting recently. Grats though. 

AJC,

I personally believe that Chase is doing this to get people to use the card and keep Amazon happy! Just my opinion!

Don't tell Chase buy my American Express Amazon card and CapitalOne Savor cards have a louder clanking metal sound than my Chase Amazon Visa! Smiley Wink

Guyatthebeach

Message 15 of 48
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Yacatisma wrote:

Even though I don't use their freedom card (I have Amazon Visa) they auto increased my CL massively. Happy day for me I guess Smiley Happy

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-20 at 7.38.06 PM.jpeg

Congratulations on the CLI! That's impressive!

Guyatthebeach

Message 16 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

AJC,

I personally believe that Chase is doing this to get people to use the card and keep Amazon happy! Just my opinion!

Don't tell Chase buy my American Express Amazon card and CapitalOne Savor cards have a louder clanking metal sound than my Chase Amazon Visa! Smiley Wink

Guyatthebeach

Lol Guy no doubt and I 100% believe it. But 50k increases  on non Amazon cards is way beyond getting someone to use a card. Even if someone is making 100k which many on this board do and there are big spenders, Chase simply doesn't like to give more than 50% of one's income in exposure , though that is no hard rule. I'm just surprised at how large these increases are  especially on cards not being used greatly. 

Ps, don't tell Chase but had they approved me for the Amazon card again,......I WOULD have used it lolSmiley Wink

Message 17 of 48
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Yacatisma wrote:

To give some data points, I have an Apple Card and Disco too but Chase is the only bank that I have a relationship with and they have my DD account as well.

I make $100K year and also have a savings account of around 30K.

Even if they revoke it, it doesn't really matter for me since I don't go above %2-3 uti.

Thanks for the dps. Not trying to ruin your parade just this goes against everything I've ever known or seen about ChaseSmiley Wink Hope it sticksSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 48
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Chase CLI! 🎉

Message 19 of 48
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your massive $50k CLI from Chase!!! Wow . . . what is going on with Chase? That's fantastic . . . lookin' for some auto-CLI love to come my way but my CSP will be 1 year old in June. This is the second posting that I've read for Chase massive CLI. Smiley Happy

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.