Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxed out Discover Luv Button

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maxed out Discover Luv Button

@Anonymous wrote:

Wowza! 50k is a healthy credit limit. 

I know a lot of people want higher credit limits to offset their utilization, but your signature says you have over 300k in available credit.  Are you actually planning to use that? I'm trying to get an idea of how others use their credit cards. I feel like i'm missing something.

You'll learn quickly that on these forums, CLs are for the ego, not actual spending needs.. Smiley Tongue
Message 31 of 39
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, cant wait to get there with mine! how much income are you reporting?

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You'll learn quickly that on these forums, CLs are for the ego, not actual spending needs.. Smiley Tongue

There's definitely some truth to this!

My goal CL for any given card is 10x the amount that I typically put through the card monthly.  $1k?  $10k limit.  $2k?  $20k limit.  And so on.  This way I'm generally always in single-digit utilization.

OP, if you happen to stop back into your thread here I've got a question for you.  How long did it take you to build up to that $50k limit?  When did you get the card and if you can recall your CLI progression and wouldn't mind sharing it that would be cool to see.

Message 33 of 39
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! you beat the game Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's definitely some truth to this!

My goal CL for any given card is 10x the amount that I typically put through the card monthly.  $1k?  $10k limit.  $2k?  $20k limit.  And so on.  This way I'm generally always in single-digit utilization.

Can't wait until I'm in a position to always demand this kind of limit. Probably 2 years!
Message 35 of 39
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Congrats currently at 7.7k lol I will be satisifed with 25k maybe after I become a homeowner and make a little more than I do now!

Message 36 of 39
arn0822
Valued Member

Cool

Started establishing business credit 08/2021.
AMEX Amazon Business Prime | AMEX Lowes 4PROS| FNBO | Quill | Uline |Grainger | Floor & Decor | ExxonMobile | Capital One Sparks Business | Amazon Business Credit Net 30 | Amazon Net 55 | Office Max/Office Depot
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Congrats currently at 7.7k lol I will be satisifed with 25k maybe after I become a homeowner and make a little more than I do now!

Yes, I thought I would be too.  But then you want more........................Smiley SurprisedWoman Very Happy

Message 38 of 39
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.