Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe I'm younger now. Welcome back Spiderman

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Maybe I'm younger now. Welcome back Spiderman

Back in 2016, I posted this, announcing, with great seriousness, the closing of my Synchrony cards, including my Spiderman card.

Truth be told, I miss the card. It was the only card I've ever had that made people smile when I used it.

So call me foolish, I just opened up a new Marvel Spiderman card Smiley Happy Life is short.

HP on TU of course.

TU FICO 8 is 772.

TU inquiries: 2.

Interest rate the middle one at 22.74%.

Don't know actual starting limit; temporary starting limit is $500. Starting limit = $2k.

I gather that Synchrony is less generous than it used to be with credit limits (my old one was 20k when I closed it), so I'll probably get I got a small limit; but who cares?

3% simple cashback on dining & entertainment is good. Smiles are worth something too Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe I'm younger now. Welcome back Spiderman

All you have to do is call the Spidey # to get that limit up as you know.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on adding back an old favorite to your credit profile.  Keep us updated on the SL when you get your card. 

Message 3 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Anything I need to know about their reporting habits? I don't recall having an issue with it way back then, but I've read some posts suggesting that Synchrony is erratic on dates it reports to bureaus.

Message 4 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Anything I need to know about their reporting habits? I don't recall having an issue with it way back then, but I've read some posts suggesting that Synchrony is erratic on dates it reports to bureaus.

Really from what I have seen it is any big charge is when they choose to report say a 1k charge most liekly will report on a weird basis where-as a 100 charge they don't bother till statement closing date.  This is what I have seen from Sync.  Anytime a large charge, posts within a few days, small charges not normally.  Its like they want other creditors to know that you put a significant charge on their card for whatever reason.

Message 5 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Really from what I have seen it is any big charge is when they choose to report say a 1k charge most liekly will report on a weird basis where-as a 100 charge they don't bother till statement closing date.  This is what I have seen from Sync.  Anytime a large charge, posts within a few days, small charges not normally.  Its like they want other creditors to know that you put a significant charge on their card for whatever reason.

Great. Thanks for that insight.

Then it shouldn't be a big problem for me, as I am not much of a big spender Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats .  This is one of my slower moving cards with synch, it grows but doesn't seem to move as quickly,  but does move😊

It will however report within a day or 2 after approval, that's how I usually find out my true limit😉

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Back in 2016, I posted this, announcing, with great seriousness, the closing of my Synchrony cards, including my Spiderman card.

Truth be told, I miss the card. It was the only card I've ever had that made people smile when I used it.

So call me foolish, I just opened up a new Marvel Spiderman card Smiley Happy Life is short.

HP on TU of course.

TU FICO 8 is 772.

TU inquiries: 2.

Interest rate the middle one at 22.74%.

Don't know actual starting limit; temporary starting limit is $500.

I gather that Synchrony is less generous than it used to be with credit limits (I think my old one was 25k when I closed it), so I'll probably get a small limit; but who cares?

3% simple cashback on dining & entertainment is good. Smiles are worth something too Smiley Happy

Oh CM7 remembers that very well. And i was so full of jelly when it came out with all the cool approvals but had just been approved for Sams Club MC + Ebates Visa + PayPal Extras MC all in a short span. I missed out on the awesome rave and the approvals for it were sizzling at the time.

Nice you was able to revisit and reclaim that Spiderman Card Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the marvel card back in May 2017 with $4000 SL with 711 TU & it sits at $10k now with 756 TU. It has moved, but not anywhere near as fast as my others.

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ayy congrats on the (re-)approval! And yes, smiles are important 😄

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.