Did you mean: 

Mayc's Amex Card

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mayc's Amex Card

@K-in-Boston wrote:

<jaw drops>  Wow!  I was approved for $1,000 last month and felt a bit annoyed until I began reading older approval threads for the card and realized that it was par for the course.  Burned another HP to get it to $5,000 earlier this week.

Congrats on the monster approval!

Oh no, @KinBoston, a HP! Smiley Embarassed. Did you request the CLI online? I've called and asked for all my CLIs and stated beforehand I don't want it if it's going to be a HP. I started at $1.6K and have never had a HP for any of my CLIs on Macy's CC.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

<jaw drops>  Wow!  I was approved for $1,000 last month and felt a bit annoyed until I began reading older approval threads for the card and realized that it was par for the course.  Burned another HP to get it to $5,000 earlier this week.

Oh no, @KinBoston, a HP! Smiley Embarassed. Did you request the CLI online? I've called and asked for all my CLIs and stated beforehand I don't want it if it's going to be a HP. I started at $1.6K and have never had a HP for any of my CLIs on Macy's CC.  

@CreditInspired the first two times I asked for a CLI it was an instant 7-10 day message as soon as I clicked and a "time since most recent review" was waiting for me the next day.  I was reading someone else's thread a few days back and someone said that 31 days was the magic number, and that was exactly 31 days after opening the account.  I clicked the CLI link on the website and it said I needed to call in order for them to process the request, so I did.

I'm not really worried about HPs and agreed to a credit pull after answering how much I wanted (said I be okay with $15k).  Came back declined with the CSR (due to account age), but they were nice enough to put me on with a Bloomingdale's supervisor in lending and she was able to give me a 5x CLI and said that's all she was "allowed" to do since the account was so new.  It's fine; I can live with $5k until I ask for more later on, but it was basically impossible to make potentially thousands of dollars of purchases with that original $1k line.

Message 12 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston ...let's keep it real. There was no way you were putting thousands on a Macy's card when Delta shopping was offering 6pts/$1.

Message 13 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner of course not. I spent like $600 in the past 2 days on the Macy’s card after clicking through Rakuten (eBates) portal for 10 Membership Rewards points per dollar. 🤓 (Going for Macy’s Platinum status for the 5% back.)

Message 14 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Ok, now that makes sense.

Message 15 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@CreditInspired the first two times I asked for a CLI it was an instant 7-10 day message as soon as I clicked and a "time since most recent review" was waiting for me the next day.  I was reading someone else's thread a few days back and someone said that 31 days was the magic number, and that was exactly 31 days after opening the account.  I clicked the CLI link on the website and it said I needed to call in order for them to process the request, so I did.

I'm not really worried about HPs and agreed to a credit pull after answering how much I wanted (said I be okay with $15k).  Came back declined with the CSR (due to account age), but they were nice enough to put me on with a Bloomingdale's supervisor in lending and she was able to give me a 5x CLI and said that's all she was "allowed" to do since the account was so new.  It's fine; I can live with $5k until I ask for more later on, but it was basically impossible to make potentially thousands of dollars of purchases with that original $1k line.

You got that right! Their mattresses alone would have had you at 125% UT. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 16 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@K-in-Boston ...let's keep it real. There was no way you were putting thousands on a Macy's card when Delta shopping was offering 6pts/$1.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a co-branded card with Citi....Did you have a relationship with Citi or Amex prior to approval? Also congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.