Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Me: Just looking, AMEX: He'll take two!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me: Just looking, AMEX: He'll take two!

Long time lurker and knowelege asorber! This past January I started getting my credit back together, I quit running from it, owned up, and  fixed what I could. Fortunately my school loans have GREAT payment history so I wasn't a complete basket case, it was the couple of CC in college that threw me off. Ordinary day sitting at dinner discussing the future with the girlfriend, and decided to check my scores. Noticed it shot up 34 points. One of my past baddies had fallen off. This jump started the journey. Told myself I wanted to be back into the 700's by 2020.. I was at 725 when I bought my Evo back in Dec of 2011. 

So I grabbed a secured card in February (4 month history to date) and that bumped me into the 620 range on Credit Karma/Credit Sesame. Reading about how captiol one doesn't like to graduate, I knew I'd need to look elseware eventually. I hadn't even got the auto CLI from Cap1,yet. 

I woke up super early this morning and had time, so I checked my scores then just came back to the forums for just to see what's new. After going down the rabbit hole, ended up on American Express' website and found I had a pre approval for an AMEX Gold. Mulled it over, starting my endless search for user experiences, odds of approval, you guys know the drill lol. 

One click lead to another, bought the myFICO subscription, then I search for approvals with similiar scores, "wait a min, I may be able to get this". "Screw it, if not I know I still need to work on things and AMEX has always been a "goal card" for me. I hit apply, fill out the info, do you want addition cards? Hmm I mean maybe for the GF but not now, "skip for now", circle loading...loading...loading. You've been approved! 

**bleep**, my FICO score was 649 this morning. I'm in shock, but remember reading they'll only HP once and you can apply for a second. Well insert AMEX BCE, got approved for this one too, just a 500SL but I'll garden TF outta it and I'm sure I can PC later. 

Sorry so winded, I'm just stoked to be on the right path again. Can't wait to start filling at my signature with cards like you all.

Thank this forum again, for all you guys do! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Me: Just looking, AMEX: He'll take two!

Welcome to the forum, @Anonymous! Congrats on your two AMEX approvals and credit journey so far. Keep on the path and you'll start seeing your hard work pay off.

Message 2 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 3 of 15
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Super Congratulations Bulliesandboost! I so enjoyed reading your post! I was right there with you during the spinning loading icon during the app process. So cool! Very happy for you! Enjoy your new American Express Gold and BCE cards! Well Done! 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 4 of 15
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome results and welcome to the Amex family - you’ll love it here Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, and congrats on the approvals!!
Message 7 of 15
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on scoring not one but two AmEx cards! Way to go and continued good luck with your rebuild!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Congrats on your Amex Gold and Amex BCE approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congradulations! I started off with AMEX in May of 2018 with a Delta Gold $1000 SL. A year later my  Gold was upgraded to Platinum and now my SL is $13200. And I got a pre approval for the Cash Magnet with an $8000 SL. If you treat AMEX well, it'll grow quick. 

Some advice, pay your balance in full each month. AMEX loves it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.