Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercury Mastercard Approval, Ollo and Mission Lane Luv

tag
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

Mercury Mastercard Approval, Ollo and Mission Lane Luv

Hey all!

I'm still in the rebuilding phase and had originally resolved to just hang out in the garden after getting a third post bk7 credit card, but then car troubles happened, which prompted me to go out and test the credit waters. First the sad news... On Wednesday, I applied for a TechNet branded Synchrony Car Care account and got declined handily. I had a CareCredit Synchrony card with a balance of about $5900 four years ago that was CO'd and then turned into a judgement, so they probably don't like me too much, but I had to try. I'll wait until I get my explanation letter from them before I attempt calling for reconsideration.

Shortly before that, I received my promised auto-CLIs from Ollo (+$100) and Mission Lane (+$500). They actually hit about a month later than they were supposed to, but I'll take the increase just the same.

Finally, ever since I started rebuilding, I've been itching for a cashback card. So I was cruising around CreditKarma when an offer for a Mercury Mastercard popped up. It's got a horrible APR and only 1% cashback, but 1% is still better than nothing so I figured I might as well go for it. I pulled the trigger and got a SL of $3k! Now I can get my car fixed without totally blowing up my utilization.

I'm in NJ and both Synchrony and Mercury pulled TU. I don't know what my current Fico 8 score is but my TU Fico Bankcard 8 is around a 632 with a bk7 (filed last August/discharged last November), 2 closed COs from 2017, around 12-14 derogs/closed accounts on there as well as 4 inquiries and 3 new accounts over the last 8 months on my TU CR. Current utilization is 24% with 3 revolving lines and 4 installment lines reporting as current.

And now back into the garden I go until Capital One/Discover find me worthy again...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Mercury Mastercard Approval, Ollo and Mission Lane Luv

Congrats and good luck with your rebuild

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and CLIs!

Message 3 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval and CLIs!  Mission Lane is a tough nut to crack.  I haven't gotten an increase from them since they purchased Lend Up. I think my last CLI was in April of last year.  

Message 4 of 13
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the approval and CLIs!  Mission Lane is a tough nut to crack.  I haven't gotten an increase from them since they purchased Lend Up. I think my last CLI was in April of last year.  

Thanks! Mission Lane was the first card to let me back in post bankruptcy so I cycled quite a bit through them in the beginning. I didn't think they'd give me more than $100 since the financial world is a bit shaky, but I'm definitely happy. My Merrick is a double your line so that'll go up in mid-October which means I'll have opened and doubled my total credit lines inside of a year. I'm pretty proud of that even if my Fico scores are still hanging pretty low. Blast those student loans!

Message 5 of 13
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎈🍾🎊🎉 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great work so far, keep it up!
Message 7 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on the approval!

If you burned Synch, or IIB'd them, don't expect much from them for a while longer.  Some lenders have VERY long memories... like 10 years long. 

Message 9 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs and approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.