Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercury yes, Ollo no

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mercury yes, Ollo no

Hi y'all amazing people

So I caved to the flyers. Got an Ollo prequal and a Mercury pre approval in the mail. Two sets in a few days. 

Apped for the Ollo (regular card, no rewards, no af, 0% for 7 months). Declined! Wasted a HP. Called to recon , they sent me 2 prequals, so they MUST want me right? No go. They have no one you can talk to. Waiting for the letter to see what's up. My credit profile has not weakened since their SP in January (I checked).

Then apped for Mercury. $2000 SL! Card on the way. This is the 2% cashback card. I think this is a SD card too but then the 2%. 

ok so I suck at gardening and now have two more HPs but I have increased my total revolving CL (goal = $10k by end of year or 2 year BK7 anniversary) 

So NOW I'm gardening folks!!! Starting... Now! No more apps. I'm done. I think this fits with my goals. My total revolving CR after 11 months post BK7 is something I can be proud of, fiscal discipline and all, so now gardening gardening gardening. Promise!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Mercury yes, Ollo no

Congrats on the approval!! Gardening will increase the score, which lines you up with primer cards. Continued success on the rebuild.

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Mercury, sorry to hear about the no go on the Ollo(they give those mailers out like candy).  I've recently seen Mercury show up online for me as pre-approved but only at 1% rewards, so I'll wait for now.  Have fun in the garden... Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals and best of luck in reaching your credit goals! Happy gardening! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's unfortunate about your denial.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats on the approval!! Gardening will increase the score, which lines you up with primer cards. Continued success on the rebuild.

Smiley Happy

Thanks. Plus I figured with the coins we are getting from Congress, I can keep balances paid!

Message 6 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Mercury approval Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 15
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.