Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Approval

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

@dudefromtx wrote:

I'm new to the community but have be lurking around on the forums for a while now. I've had some credit problems down the road in the past but I'm trying to work on it. I recently got a preapproval mailing from Merrick Bank "Double Your Line" credit card with an initial 1k limit that will double to 2k after making my first 7 payments on time. So I decided to go for it and was approved! I would like to thank this community because even though I've been in the shadows sort of speak I've been learning a lot.

SWEET! 

Whats my post say?

DUDE!!

I KNOW  but whats mine say? 🤨

SWEET...AH! Whats mine say?😠

DUDE...AHHH!

😄

Message 21 of 31
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 22 of 31
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the best forum in town!!

Big congrats on your approval!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 23 of 31
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@dudefromtx wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

Congratulations! I have this card, and I really like it! I get regular sp increases without ever asking. It's a no frills card, but I like it!

How often do they do sp increases for you if I may ask?

It's funny that you asked this, as I just got another CLI today....it was a $500 increase, so I am now at $3200.

This was my 5th increase in 3 years.

Message 24 of 31
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the approval 

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 25 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Merrick Bank approval and welcome to the forums @dudefromtx.

Message 26 of 31
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

@dudefromtx wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

Congratulations! I have this card, and I really like it! I get regular sp increases without ever asking. It's a no frills card, but I like it!

How often do they do sp increases for you if I may ask?

It's funny that you asked this, as I just got another CLI today....it was a $500 increase, so I am now at $3200.

This was my 5th increase in 3 years.

That's pretty awesome! haha Looks like they do them quite frequently then. Do you run a lot of spends through them?

Message 27 of 31
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

That's pretty awesome! haha Looks like they do them quite frequently then. Do you run a lot of spends through them?

I used to, for the past year, I have probably only used the card 4 or 5 times and maybe put $150 on it. I have $1600 that I have been carrying for about a year, but I have never had any lates and I usually pay more then the minimum payments.

Message 28 of 31
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the new approval.

Message 29 of 31
dudefromtx
Established Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

I used to, for the past year, I have probably only used the card 4 or 5 times and maybe put $150 on it. I have $1600 that I have been carrying for about a year, but I have never had any lates and I usually pay more then the minimum payments.

Ok thank you for letting me know.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.