cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Approval

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

Congratulations! I have this card, and I really like it! I get regular sp increases without ever asking. It's a no frills card, but I like it!

Message 11 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

Thank you everyone!

Message 12 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval


@CountryLivin wrote:

Congratulations! I have this card, and I really like it! I get regular sp increases without ever asking. It's a no frills card, but I like it!


How often do they do sp increases for you if I may ask?

Message 13 of 31
Highlighted
Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

Congrats on the approval. Be careful with Merrick though; they're the worst baddie I have on my report.



Message 14 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval


@cmoe wrote:

Congrats on the approval. Be careful with Merrick though; they're the worst baddie I have on my report.


Thanks and what did they do if I may ask?

Message 15 of 31
Highlighted
Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval


@dudefromtx wrote:

@cmoe wrote:

Congrats on the approval. Be careful with Merrick though; they're the worst baddie I have on my report.


Thanks and what did they do if I may ask?




I had a CO with them in  2015. They kept on reporting it without fail  up until March of this year when I decided to settle for less after they refused PFD. I had a CO with CreditOne almost at the same time, but you can't find them anywhere on my report because they accepted PFD and deleted that trade line from my credit history.

You should be good if you use your card wisely, but know that Merrick is hard to work with when things go wrong.

 



Message 16 of 31
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

Congratulations on your approval!!





Message 17 of 31
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Approval

Welcome and congrats on the new card! Merrick is one of the better "rebuilding" cards, so you picked a good one.

 

Best of luck going forward in your credit journey!

PenFed Visa Signature $35000 (Opened 6/20) - NFCU More Rewards AMEX $13000 (Opened 1/19) -Capital One World Elite MC $11200 (Opened 11/17) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Uber Visa $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $36500 (Opened 10/18)
Total CL - $112700

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 6/5/20:




Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 18 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval


@cmoe wrote:

@dudefromtx wrote:

@cmoe wrote:

Congrats on the approval. Be careful with Merrick though; they're the worst baddie I have on my report.


Thanks and what did they do if I may ask?




I had a CO with them in  2015. They kept on reporting it without fail  up until March of this year when I decided to settle for less after they refused PFD. I had a CO with CreditOne almost at the same time, but you can't find them anywhere on my report because they accepted PFD and deleted that trade line from my credit history.

You should be good if you use your card wisely, but know that Merrick is hard to work with when things go wrong.

 



Oh ok, I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip. I'm planning to just use it to charge things I would normally buy like weekly groceries and then pay it off.

Message 19 of 31
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Merrick Bank Approval


@DebtStinks wrote:

Welcome and congrats on the new card! Merrick is one of the better "rebuilding" cards, so you picked a good one.

 

Best of luck going forward in your credit journey!


Thank you! Yeah, I waited a couple of weeks doing some research on here and other sources before I decided to pull the trigger to accept it. They seem really good compared to some of the others I've seen out there and receive in the mail currently. Just yesterday I received an offer from one that wanted to charge 36% interest plus a large annual fee and a monthly fee on top of that! It's just crazy how they want to kick a person down more. But I also know the risks they are taking extending credit too.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.