Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+ CLI

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Merrill+ CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Followed your lead CC.  Asked for $40K and got countered with $34,600 for a CLI of $13K. .  Haven't been with BoA for too long but love them so far. Now I need to decide if I should use the HP to ask for a CLI on one of the 2 AA cards I have with them.

'Edit to add that it was a HP on TU.  Thankfully

@Anonymous  Congrats on the CLI... No wwhether we use the same HP for the new travel card they are coming out with for the bonus for the both of us Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Followed your lead CC.  Asked for $40K and got countered with $34,600 for a CLI of $13K. .  Haven't been with BoA for too long but love them so far. Now I need to decide if I should use the HP to ask for a CLI on one of the 2 AA cards I have with them.

@Anonymous  Congrats on the CLI... No wwhether we use the same HP for the new travel card they are coming out with for the bonus for the both of us Smiley Wink

Thanks!  That slipped my mind about the new card.  Do you think they would use same one?  $500 would be nice.  Any limit on number of cards with them?  Currently at 3

Message 12 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  That slipped my mind about the new card.  Do you think they would use same one?  $500 would be nice.  Any limit on number of cards with them?  Currently at 3

@Anonymous HP's are usually goot for 30 days so if you did a CLI and it was a HP against TU usually 95% of time that same HP will be good for multiple CLI's or new applications just as a new application HP is good for CLI's regardless of the CRA pulled.  That has been my experience at least and some others as well.  Free $$$ Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats CC on the CLI! Hopefully I can get mine up there. I read they were going to stop taking new apps but didnt have much on what would happen with existing cards going forward. Hopefully we can keep them but worst case i guess is roll it into another BoA card and keep that. 

Message 14 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Congrats CC on the CLI! Hopefully I can get mine up there. I read they were going to stop taking new apps but didnt have much on what would happen with existing cards going forward. Hopefully we can keep them but worst case i guess is roll it into another BoA card and keep that. 

Thanks.

Its already been confirmed existing card members cards will remain Merrill+ cards by BofA and Merrill.. Article on DOC among many other sites.

Message 15 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Thanks.

Its already been confirmed existing card members cards will remain Merrill+ cards by BofA and Merrill.. Article on DOC among many other sites.

I like this card so i plan on keeping it. BoA is a keeper...

Message 16 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Thanks.

I like this card so i plan on keeping it. BoA is a keeper...

Huge fan of this card as well. At $10K CL, it's my highest limit -- next up are BoA Travel Rewards and Cash Rewards at $5K a piece.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they still offerig the 50k point sign up bonus on this card?   Thanks.

Message 18 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sanglee24 wrote:

Are they still offerig the 50k point sign up bonus on this card?   Thanks.

Yes by calling in only.. Card is about ready to stop being issued, but exisiting card holders will continue to be able to keep card ongoing

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody know what they look for in your credit profile for approval? I’m looking to app for it before it disappears. EX 704 long credit history on cards that were closed a while ago and I’m an AU on a couple cards. I was just approved for chase Marriott Rewards but I think chase treats AU cards on your profile differently when making a decision than other companies. What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.