Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MidFlorida CU Visa Signature 10K SL approval w/DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidFlorida CU Visa Signature 10K SL approval w/DPs

Hello all, this is my first posting as I have been a lurker for some time and have learned alot throughout my journey from rebuilding back to being able to recieve some decent cards. I also may post another 3 or 4 more approvals for amex, chase fu, capital one venture and usaa amex rewards card.  I have been a midflorida cu customer since 2006, when I was originally part of the Lockheed Martin cu. I decided to apply for their Visa signature card with a 2.5 cash back on any purchase back on Jan 10th but then decided to leave the application saved as I had
been on an application spree since Nov and was worried I'd get denied. On Jan 11th a loan peocessor called me asking if I had saved the application and if so, was I still interested in applying.  After about 30 seconds, I decided what the heck.. and informed him I was interested and to move forward with the application. One of the questions on the application  asks you to submit how much of SL you would be requesting. Until Nov, my highest CL was 3600 with Capital One so I decided  not to rock the boat and only request 5k. During the phkne conversation, the loan officer had asked the loan processor to request my latest paystub, which I happily downloaded submitted. At this point i was honestly surprised as it looked as if I were going to be approved. 

Two hours later the loan processor called me back to inform me that not only was I approved but I was given the full 5k
Becuase they gave me the full amount,  i decided what the heck and ask if he could change the initial request SL to 10k. Naturally a new application needed to be submitted and I was informed I had to wait for the review.  After 30 minutes I was called back and needless to say how surprisedi was when he informed me I was approved for a SL of 10k
This made me wonder if I could have asked for more..lol.

Credit utilization at the time was 52% (because of Xmas and another unexpected event).

Income 131k + bonus up to 20%

Credit age was 3 years and 2 months

Vantage 3 TU score was 667

Vantage 3 EQ score was 681

Vantage 3 Ex score was 679

Exp Fico 8 score was 668

One 30 day late on my credit cards in Dec 2019(second month of my USAA card and I had though I had autopay on it) I sent a letter but they wouldn't remove the late.

18 120 day lates on my 2 student loans that I have in good standing now. They lates will all drop off by the Dec 2022 as the lates occurred in April 2015- Dec 2015.

One child support which is reflecting 0 and will drop off on May 2024.

One collection for 125, which I'm currently working with the agency to do a removal and is just over 2 years old.

Credit cards:

First premier 5 years and 9 months old - 800CL

Capitol one quicksilverone 4 years and 8 months - 1750 CL

Kohls 3 years 7 months - 1500CL

Capital one quicksilverone 2 years and 5 months - 3600 CL

Target  2 years and 5 months - 500CL

USAA platinum classic card 2 years 4 months -1000CL

Sync/PPcredit 2 years and 3 months  -180CL

Credit one bank platinum 7 months (will be closing soon) - 500CL

Merrick bank 2 months - 1000

Edit**

Also forgot to add I had a total of 15 inquires in the past 2 years. A few which had to do with purchasing a new car in 2020 and refinancing again in 2021.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: MidFlorida CU Visa Signature 10K SL approval w/DPs

Nice jobSmiley Happy. Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!! That's an excellent card with low Apr and awesome cash back. I too carry one in my wallet. Great bank to deal with!! 

Message 3 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the new card!! Enjoy.

Message 4 of 16
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations @Anonymous 

Message 5 of 16
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your MidFlorida Visa approval 👍🏼

Message 6 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your MidFlorida CU Visa Signature approval and SL recon!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 16
Irv02
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Mid Florida CU Signature Visa Card!!

Message 8 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, this is my first posting as I have been a lurker for some time and have learned alot throughout my journey from rebuilding back to being able to recieve some decent cards. I also may post another 3 or 4 more approvals for amex, chase fu, capital one venture and usaa amex rewards card.  I have been a midflorida cu customer since 2006, when I was originally part of the Lockheed Martin cu. I decided to apply for their Visa signature card with a 2.5 cash back on any purchase back on Jan 10th but then decided to leave the application saved as I had
been on an application spree since Nov and was worried I'd get denied. On Jan 11th a loan peocessor called me asking if I had saved the application and if so, was I still interested in applying.  After about 30 seconds, I decided what the heck.. and informed him I was interested and to move forward with the application. One of the questions on the application  asks you to submit how much of SL you would be requesting. Until Nov, my highest CL was 3600 with Capital One so I decided  not to rock the boat and only request 5k. During the phkne conversation, the loan officer had asked the loan processor to request my latest paystub, which I happily downloaded submitted. At this point i was honestly surprised as it looked as if I were going to be approved. 

Two hours later the loan processor called me back to inform me that not only was I approved but I was given the full 5k
Becuase they gave me the full amount,  i decided what the heck and ask if he could change the initial request SL to 10k. Naturally a new application needed to be submitted and I was informed I had to wait for the review.  After 30 minutes I was called back and needless to say how surprisedi was when he informed me I was approved for a SL of 10k
This made me wonder if I could have asked for more..lol.

Credit utilization at the time was 52% (because of Xmas and another unexpected event).

Income 131k + bonus up to 20%

Credit age was 3 years and 2 months

Vantage 3 TU score was 667

Vantage 3 EQ score was 681

Vantage 3 Ex score was 679

Exp Fico 8 score was 668

One 30 day late on my credit cards in Dec 2019(second month of my USAA card and I had though I had autopay on it) I sent a letter but they wouldn't remove the late.

18 120 day lates on my 2 student loans that I have in good standing now. They lates will all drop off by the Dec 2022 as the lates occurred in April 2015- Dec 2015.

One child support which is reflecting 0 and will drop off on May 2024.

One collection for 125, which I'm currently working with the agency to do a removal and is just over 2 years old.

Credit cards:

First premier 5 years and 9 months old - 800CL

Capitol one quicksilverone 4 years and 8 months - 1750 CL

Kohls 3 years 7 months - 1500CL

Capital one quicksilverone 2 years and 5 months - 3600 CL

Target  2 years and 5 months - 500CL

USAA platinum classic card 2 years 4 months -1000CL

Sync/PPcredit 2 years and 3 months  -180CL

Credit one bank platinum 7 months (will be closing soon) - 500CL

Merrick bank 2 months - 1000CL

Congrats on the approval!  I would close that First Premier card sooner rather than later as they're a fee harvester.  

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice, a 5 figure CL for you and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.