Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Amex App Spree and Approvals!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini Amex App Spree and Approvals!!!

The other day I was minding my business when it occurred to me that I hadn't requested a ClI on my HH Amex card. The limit had been at $5000 for the last year. So I went to my Amex portal to check if I had any Pre Approvals before requesting the CLI. 

I had an Upgrade Approval to the HH Aspire Card. Did some research and realized that it was the Platinum Equivalent in terms of most but not all benefits. AF IS $450. 

I had it in my head that I could get the Platinum Card 🤩. I travel nearly 90% of the time for work. So the high AF is worth it to me for the perks. 

...I apped and got Instant Approval! Yay! 

I was feeling ambitious and requested a ClI on my HH card. - 14 day notice. So thats a denial. (My balance was too high at the time of Appling I think. Around $3100. ) I'll try again next month when I pay down my balance to under $500. 

Then I figured what the heck! Its a SP right? And I apped for the BCP and got approved (but for a measly $1000) again...I think that Balance i was carrying hurt me. Obviously I didn't think it through. But I can focus on CLIs for the next year. 

So I think I've hit all my Amex dreams in terms of cards. Didn't read need this BCP and should have appd for the Delta card. Anywhoo...off to the garden I go to grow these cards to something substantial. 

My Ex score was 710 at the time of app. No baddies. No lates. No collections. 4 Enquires in the last 12mths.  I also have the Chase Sapphire for $5000 and a baby Macys card for $500 ( never used the latter. I should requested a CLI.)  I have a personal loan for $4100 and student loans. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Mini Amex App Spree and Approvals!!!

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🍾    Congratulations on your instant approvals and the added DPs! 👍 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AllZero and @Credit4Growth !!

Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 9
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new cards!

Message 8 of 9
Demented1
Established Contributor

Congrats on your AmEx approval and CLI!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.